NGD: American Professional II Telecaster

1stpitch

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
So I had managed to collect 6 Mexican Fenders, a combination of Strats and Teles, and decided it was time to "move up" to an American. I was looking for a good used American Standard with little to no fret wear. I wasn't having any luck finding one in a color I wanted in the condition I wanted, and then saw that one of my local guitar stores had these AmProII's on Black Friday sale. I got a sweet deal that approached what used ones in mint condition were selling for, so I jumped on it. I was a little hesitant about the Deep C neck, but found that they varied a good bit between guitars, and this one is not that deep at all. And it is butter smooth. It is also my first Tele with a rosewood board, but I thought it just looked right with the 3-tone sunburst and tortoise pickguard. I haven't gotten to play it much yet, but I think I'm going to like the V-Mod II pickups; they are not too bright, which I like. As far as playing it, I had to agree with the boss not to open the case again until Christmas morning. Bummer, but I'm pumped.

20211202_081801.jpg
20211202_081815.jpg

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Oh my word, that is such a lovely guitar! Congratulations. I love the AmProII offerings from Fender, they really hit a home run. What a shame you gotta wait 23 more days, LOL!

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
As far as playing it, I had to agree with the boss not to open the case again until Christmas morning. Bummer, but I'm pumped.

How well does she know you're collection? Perhaps you could pull the old switcheroo: put one of your MIMs in the case under the tree, and leave the new MIA (sans sticker on pickguard) lying around like it's one of your oldies. You have another sunburst? :twisted:

P.S. Is that a case or a luxury bed?

1stpitch

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
How well does she know you're collection? Perhaps you could pull the old switcheroo: put one of your MIMs in the case under the tree, and leave the new MIA (sans sticker on pickguard) lying around like it's one of your oldies. You have another sunburst? :twisted:

P.S. Is that a case or a luxury bed?

I don't have another one that color, so the switcheroo wouldn't work, dang it.

That is the Fender case it came in. It is nice and fuzzy on the inside, but on the outside it's just a plastic case.:D