NGD - America Professional Telecaster Deluxe

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ivorytooth, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Well, today was the day! I got delivery on my 2nd Tele. It is an Am Pro Tele Deluxe in 3TSB. I got it from Sweetwater. I was looking for one that had good matching grain in the body pieces. I think this one looks good for grain. Not super easy to see the joint.

The pups are Shawbuckers voiced for this model. They are great sounding so far! I couldn't wait to hear it so I plugged it in and played it before doing any setup other than tuning. This guitar sounds like I expected it to sound and it has a big fat sound with some serious clarity. No mud! I need to do some pickup height adjustments to see if I can get it sounding even better.

The deep C neck is satin finished and very nice feeling. The deep C neck is just a bit different than the modern C I have on my other guitars, but I really like it! The frets on my other guitars are all medium jumbo and this one has the taller frets, but I really like them so far.

Here are some pics. Now, off I go to do my personal setup on it. It came set up with the standard fender specs and Sweetwater did a great job there. I am loving this guitar so far!

IMGP0067.JPG IMGP0084.JPG IMGP0088.JPG IMGP0081.JPG

2. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Meister

Congrats! I just started snooping around for one of these myself. Keep us updated!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  3. natec

natec TDPRI Member

Nice!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  4. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Sweet!

That's the only model in that line that is really tempting me. I played one at the GC in ft Collins and I really like those pups.

Congrats! She's a real looker!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  5. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Beautiful. You got the trifecta - good neck, looks, and 'bucks.

Ivorytooth likes this.
  6. ejphotos

ejphotos Tele-Meister

Nice! How are you liking the shawbuckers? Swapped the ones in my silver burst deluxe for seymours

Ivorytooth likes this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Groovy!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  8. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Congratulations - it's a beauty!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  9. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I love those guitars. Yours is very pretty.

Last year I got a good deal on a maple/ash pro deluxe thru reverb l and thought it would scratch that itch.

It only famed the flames. Well inside a year I ended up with 3 more deluxes of different variations — including one vintage.

Enjoy your new guitar. Don’t let it multiply too quickly.

The shawbuckers are great.

10. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

What a looker, congratulations!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  11. stanger

stanger Tele-Meister

Very nice guitar! The case is impressive too. Lots of bonuses around in those pictures!
    regards,
    stanger

Ivorytooth likes this.
  12. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

I am really liking them. I just got done playing with the pickup height and the adjustable poles on them. I got them in the ballpark, but still going to tweak them some more to see if I can get them sounding even better. Never played around with those offset poles before.

The sounds you get are fantastic! I have a shawbucker on my Am Elite Strat, so sorta familiar with them. These are a little different in sound than the one on my strat. I love the clarity in the lows and highs, you don't really hear any muddy stuff. I am playing it through a Blackstar ID 60 TVP and I am liking those crunchy channels with EL34 selected. Big and fat! When I go to a clean channel with it set to 6L6 and lower the gain, it sounds so sweet, clean and bigger than my strats.

I am not a very good player yet, so I have lots to learn, but I know tone and this thing rocks it! I see no reason to change pickups. They are not potted, but I don't mind at all. I can get close to the LP sound, but it sounds like a Fender still. Gotta be the scale length. Rich and full, just the way I dreamed it would be. The best of both blended together to create my dream HH type guitar.

Telecaster88 and teletimetx like this.
  13. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

I would have loved to get the Silverburst Edition. That would have been my first choice. They are drop dead gorgeous!

14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

A real beauty congratulations.

Ivorytooth likes this.
  15. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I’m not usually a fan if silverburst, but I wanted that one. Ebony board put it over the top. Maybe one day I’ll find one for what I want to pay.

Ivorytooth likes this.
  16. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Meister

I've never been much of a bucker guy, but those Shawbuckers sound really great to me. Last year I *almost* bought one of the Am Pro HSS Strats... Great guitar but ultimately wasn't really what I was looking for.

Started looking at SGs, but wanted to keep it in the family... When I realized the Am Pro Tele Deluxes had Shawbuckers in them I developed the fever. Actually going to go look at one tomorrow... Might have my own NGD coming up!

Ivorytooth and ScribbleSomething like this.
  17. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Tell us what you think! I think you will really like it. They are different than the ones in the strats.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  18. fuzzadict

fuzzadict TDPRI Member

Wow, what a beaut! Congrats! I'm picky with 3t-sunburst, but this is spot on. Dark enough, with not too much red. Noice!

Ivorytooth likes this.
  19. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

I played a Strat and Tele version yesterday. I’m a big fan of that deep c neck profile, especially with a Maple fingerboard.

Sweetwater, they have done good by me over the years, guitars, amps and odds and ends.

Congrats on the guitar

Ivorytooth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.