NGD - amazing Ernie Ball Valentine Trem

coreytree

Tele-Meister
Wow. What a playing difference a precision instrument can make. I kid you not, I’m playing better on this guitar, immediately. The neck fits my hand perfectly. The guitar is super articulate - the notes are like crystal bells.

The general size feeling reminds me very much of a Wolfgang, though not really as small (and they do share a heritage). The playability reminds me very much of my most fave guitar, an old Larrivee dreadnaught. This thing is like a samurai sword or something.

I am absolutely thrilled with this. i’ve owned a good number of guitars, but have only had this good of a playing experience with a couple of others ever.

5C468E4A-7630-4120-8983-6F0636808CB4.jpeg

1FA10A16-C683-45F0-8E61-6F154AED0335.jpeg

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats! Great guitar!

The Music Mans are definitely top notch guitars, especially the stainless steel frets which to me are just as good as what are on my Suhr and Tom Anderson guitars. Pretty flawless, indeed. I currently have an special run Music Man Albert Lee with three P-90s and all rosewood neck. The neck is on the slim side and very easy to navigate with the hand-rubbed oil & wax finish. They're just great playing guitars.

Guitharley

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Wow. What a playing difference a precision instrument can make. I kid you not, I’m playing better on this guitar, immediately. The neck fits my hand perfectly. The guitar is super articulate - the notes are like crystal bells.

The general size feeling reminds me very much of a Wolfgang, though not really as small (and they do share a heritage). The playability reminds me very much of my most fave guitar, an old Larrivee dreadnaught. This thing is like a samurai sword or something.

I am absolutely thrilled with this. i’ve owned a good number of guitars, but have only had this good of a playing experience with a couple of others ever.

View attachment 1034747
View attachment 1034748
Thats is sharp...is there some twang in that thang?....I believe those are single coils...am I correct?

coreytree

Tele-Meister
Thats is sharp...is there some twang in that thang?....I believe those are single coils...am I correct?
Absolutely twang-capable. Sound reminds me a lot of a tele, and many elements of the design are straight Tele-inspired. The bridge is single coil hidden in a 'bucker-looking cover, and the neck coil-splits to give you a single coil there as well. I've been wanting a Tele with a humbugger in the neck and this scratches that itch very nicely. Specs and demos here... https://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/valentine

KC

Poster Extraordinaire
yeah, I have the hardtail version (in shell pink!) and it's a killer. The coil split is genius -- humbucker sounds very 335ish in full mode & almost HiLo Tron gretschy in split. Middle and bridge positions are very telecaster. Lots of electronic wizardry under the hood -- no hum, and the output level of all pickup selections is the same, so you can switch from split to full with no jump or loss in volume. Of course, this also means that if the battery goes south on a gig, you're playing a very expensive paperweight.

Great neck, sexy wax & gun oil finish, stainless frets with immaculate fretwork, locking tuners, even the case is nice. Great guitar.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Congrats!! Valentines are great guitars (as are all EBMMs); the natural finish really brings out the grain on yours.

coreytree

Tele-Meister
yeah, I have the hardtail version (in shell pink!) and it's a killer. The coil split is genius -- humbucker sounds very 335ish in full mode & almost HiLo Tron gretschy in split. Middle and bridge positions are very telecaster. Lots of electronic wizardry under the hood -- no hum, and the output level of all pickup selections is the same, so you can switch from split to full with no jump or loss in volume. Of course, this also means that if the battery goes south on a gig, you're playing a very expensive paperweight.

Great neck, sexy wax & gun oil finish, stainless frets with immaculate fretwork, locking tuners, even the case is nice. Great guitar.
Right!? The fact that the volume doesn't drop when going to any single coil config is unique, amazing and wonderful. I'm flabbergasted at how great everything about this guitar is.

coreytree

Tele-Meister
Congrats! A very thin body, reminds me of my 67 Rick 420. The "Beatles" guitar....
One really cool thing about the body is that it's tapered, wedge-like, so that the top is thinner from front-to-back than the bottom, where the body is thicker. This is to make it a bit easier to hold against your body and still have the mass it needs to do the job in spectacular fashion. So cool and unusual.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Right!? The fact that the volume doesn't drop when going to any single coil config is unique, amazing and wonderful. I'm flabbergasted at how great everything about this guitar is.

As part of the active electronics there is a buffered output amp that is always on - it raises all settings to the same output level and is independent of the boost circuit. EBMM has that circuit on the Majesty/JP models, Cutlass models and the Luke III models.

coreytree

Tele-Meister
As part of the active electronics there is a buffered output amp that is always on - it raises all settings to the same output level and is independent of the boost circuit. EBMM has that circuit on the Majesty/JP models, Cutlass models and the Luke III models.
Thank you for this info. Makes sense, and is good to know.