NGD: ALWAYS stop at the pawn shop

widefault

Tele-Meister
There's a reason I hit the pawn shops at least once a week. This came home with me today

4Qo8Eag.jpg

0NYJu8U.jpg

y3xfRz4.jpg

2004 Jackson Soloist SLSMG, made in Japan. Originally would have had EMGs, currenly has a pair of Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demons

cEyeN0C.jpg

Also has had the tuners upgraded to locking Sperzels

FNu7LRE.jpg

The cost of the pickups alone is more than I paid for the whole guitar, which also came with one of those hard-foam Gator cases. So far, plays great and sounds great, but needs a cleanup and probably new strings/setup. Then I need to decide if I'm keeping it or not.

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Nice. Love the red. I was looking on Reverb at shredder stuff like that the other day, except I want a two point trem rather than a fixed bridge.

Congrats!

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I dig that it’s a hardtail. Looks like a pretty versatile instrument for those who can hang with semi-shred aesthetics.

I have a cousin’s Ibanez EX3700 here and wish so much that it was a hardtail like that. It’s pretty great, ergonomically, but I’m not a dive bomber and I dislike having to factor in trem spring action into how hard I push the bends. If it were mine I’d block it. I might anyway. But a hardtail would be cooler and more minimalist.

TX_Slinger

Tele-Holic
Yep, I scored a high end Korean guitar, Schecter Hellraiser Extreme FR in exceptional condition (scratches on pickup covers, otherwise mint) for $225 with generic HSC from a pawnshop a couple years ago bc some moron at the store misidentified it as an Omen series. It was MSRP originally of $1149 w/o case, stainless frets, covered EMG's, FR1000...I made a little flipping that after playing it a couple years.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
The cost of the pickups alone is more than I paid for the whole guitar, which also came with one of those hard-foam Gator cases.

That's really good. The pawn shops I've been to around here treat even the cheapest guitars like holy relics and add 20% or more over the highest EBay/Reverb sale price (not sold price) they find.