NGD....almost

vanrrice

Tele-Holic
Just bought a Fender American Original 60s Telecaster (burst). VERY excited. Backordered. Read all the reviews I could find on here and seemed well received. The input from this forum was the deciding factor, very helpful. Thanks.

K48524000001000-02-720x720.jpg

vanrrice

Tele-Holic
Congratulations. When is the new arrival due?
No idea, just ordered it. Weird experience online: wouldn't allow me to reserve/order on desktop, but went through on mobile?! Hopefully get an update soon, on the plus side they won't charge me till it ships.

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
Congratulations, AOs are great guitars and yours is so beautiful, in a classic timeless way.

RE: the input from the forum, prepare yourself to get more (translation: you can start making room for the next guitars, you will see how fast telecasters multiply :lol:)

John C

Friend of Leo's
I hope you get the order - but for what it's worth the AOs are discontinued. Fender is working through the orders that were placed prior to the official discontinue date - whatever that might have been; only Fender and their dealers know those specifics. The replacements haven't been announced yet - I think everyone is expecting some kind of news at the NAMM show next month.

Where did you order it from? They might have some on the way, or you might get an "order cancelled" notification.

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
Fingers crossed. I hope the retailer actually has the stock coming to fulfil this. They really shouldn't list items they can't fulfil.

If it all works out you're in for a treat. They're exquisite guitars!

vanrrice

Tele-Holic
I hope you get the order - but for what it's worth the AOs are discontinued. Fender is working through the orders that were placed prior to the official discontinue date - whatever that might have been; only Fender and their dealers know those specifics. The replacements haven't been announced yet - I think everyone is expecting some kind of news at the NAMM show next month.

Where did you order it from? They might have some on the way, or you might get an "order cancelled" notification.
Good points, for the first time I tried the great Satan (guitar center) - we will see.

John C

Friend of Leo's
Good points, for the first time I tried the great Satan (guitar center) - we will see.

Guitar Center is bad about their ordering system letting you order things that may not ever arrive - but at least they don't charge you until it actually does ship. I hope they are getting some and can fill your order.

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I had a drum kit on order at GC from October through this April and they tentatively said it would be available Fall of 2022. So I cancelled and bought from Sweetwater. Sometimes I think GC is low man on the totem pole as far as getting orders filled.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
It can't be back ordered if it's discontinued can it?
They could be fulfilling orders before they stop making them

I remember right before the A.V series was discontinued I almost ordered one through a store (the store believed they were still in production and this store sells a lot of fenders so I figured they would know if they were gone), a month or two later it was announced that they were done