NGD . . . almost.

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
I don't usually buy Epiphones and I didn't really need a guitar, but it just seemed like too good a deal to pass up - used Epiphone Riviera P93, with original hard case, for $375 at Guitar Center.

RivieraP93-1.JPG
RivieraP93-3.JPG

The bad news is, the city has an ordinance that requires them to hold used gear for 10 days before it can be sold, so I bought it and I have to go back after December 14th to pick it up.

Still, they seem to generally run about double that price on Ebay.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations!

The white ones dont pop up nearly as often as the red ones, and they look great.
That's almost too good of a deal. Is it haunted?

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
Congratulations!

The white ones dont pop up nearly as often as the red ones, and they look great.
That's almost too good of a deal. Is it haunted?
I don't know about Haunted, but it's in pretty much perfect condition. Plugged it in and it sounded great.

This is the same guitar center where I got a nice Squier Tele with a Dimarzio Super Distortion neck humbucker for $65.

ukepicker

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Nice find! I've wanted one of those for a long time. And would've jumped all over it at that price.

I'm not sure I've ever even seen a used white one - well done! Congrats!

Midgetje94

Tele-Afflicted
I don't usually buy Epiphones and I didn't really need a guitar, but it just seemed like too good a deal to pass up - used Epiphone Riviera P93, with original hard case, for $375 at Guitar Center.

View attachment 926549 View attachment 926550

The bad news is, the city has an ordinance that requires them to hold used gear for 10 days before it can be sold, so I bought it and I have to go back after December 14th to pick it up.

yes you got a great deal! I love that color! Never seen that!! I used to have a red one. Wasn’t for me (for a few reasons. I learned I don’t like bigsby or at least not enough to put the time and work on its reliability. And with how I play. The 3 pickups were a hinderance). But it was a great guitar as a whole!! But I’ve seen red, black, and gold. Never this. And great price!

selling mine made me long for a semi hollow to fill the shoes!

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Well Done - and w/ case to boot!
Cue up the Carly Simon Anticipation and John Sebastian Darling Be Home Soon
Peace - Deeve

Reactions: BB

BobbyMac

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Can you even imagine what the poor soul who sold that to Guitar Center got for it?

Very nice score!

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
I would have bought that in a heartbeat, even though its white....

good score

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter

View attachment 926549 View attachment 926550

That is beautiful! I see those all the time in dark red, but this is the first I have seen in this color.

We have pawn clearance here too. A necessary evil, I think.

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Damn those are cool. I was seriously considering one when semi-hollow shopping, but I couldn't get over how my pick would hit the middle pickup constantly (and this from a guy who doesn't understand when people complain about hitting their Strat's middle pickup). There's no way to lower the pickup (aside from, perhaps, major surgery), so that was it for me.

Damn, those are cool, though.

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
Same store is tempting me with a Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster for $254, when they go for about $450 on Ebay.

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
Picked up the guitar. Now I'm making some upgrades (I hope they are upgrades). I ran into my first problem - the new bridge I want to use has smaller bushings thatn the stock Tune-O-Matic. I posted a thread about it here: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/repai...ng-with-slightly-undersized-bushings.1089470/

Once I get that bridge fitted, I have a Tusq XL nut and some Gotoh locking tuners, all three items intended to help tuning with the Bigsby.

Reactions: BB