NGD - Affinity Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Sarrkazztic, May 1, 2011.

1. Sarrkazztic

Sarrkazztic Tele-Meister

So I went into our local pawn shop a few weeks ago, and they had a pretty nice looking Squire Affinity Tele Butter Scotch Blonde Black Guard.....problem is they had it priced at $219....I thought No way in blue hades....so I took it to the counter to see what they were willing to do on it.....he tried to give me the sale spiel....and noted that it had an upgraded Dimarzio pickup in the bridge....non descript Dimarzio....but tried to justify the price due to this alone.....I left...and went straight to Guitar Center to see how much the affinities were running in there.....as I suspected...$179 for a new Bscotch without the Dimarzio....I came home and researched Dimarzio tele pups....but since I did not know exactly what was in it I could only get a range....which seemed to be about $50 - $100.....so I went back yesterday and he promptly greeted me at the door....and I said I am interested in this tele.....but I do not like the price...and my wife is with me so if you are going to sell it to me.....you are going to have to sell it to her (she had pretty much put her foot down at Guitar Center and said I would have to go on our summer vacation and then and only then if I still loved the Classic Vibe sunburst they had for $350 then I could get it)

So he took it behind the counter and checked to see what they had in it....and offered it up for $150....wifey said ok....so I brought it home....stopped off at GC and picked up some new Diaddario 10s and strung her up picked around a bit and set it aside to let the strings stretch.....now I am the proud owner of a nice tele...pictures to come.....and as soon as I can get some more band saw blades....we can get to work on a few builds....I have a nice one piece slab of Alder and 2 nice boards of spalted maple and cherry. I should be able to get 2 guitars out of the spalt/cherry and of course my test guitar out of the alder. Wish me luck.....

2. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats!

3. doruondun

doruondun Tele-Meister

You have to post a picture sir...

4. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

nice, that's a good model

5. Sarrkazztic

Sarrkazztic Tele-Meister

I will most definitely post some pictures, but the wife has me painting bathrooms today.....as soon as I can tho...I promise.

6. Bepster

Bepster TDPRI Member

Cool. I have one of those myself and switched out the pups to little 59's in the bridge and neck. It doesn't sound a lot like a tele but it does sound great just the same. One problem I have with it however is the bridge saddles. One of them comes lose every now and then. That maybe the next upgrade.

7. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

I'm glad you knew the price of that affinity when you went back in. We have one ,plays nice

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.