NGD - Affinity Artic White

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by nick79, Mar 31, 2015.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

FWIW I fitted a set of Fender Original Vintage pick ups to my Affinity Tele. I bought that for about £99 14 years ago and the pick ups must have been close to £100 7-8 years ago now. They certainly cleared up the muddy neck pick up that the Affinity had, though I've since moved them onto a MIM 50's Classic that I bought locally off Gumtree last year for half the new price.

I'm going to convert my Affinity Tele to P90s so they will probably cost more than the guitar did when new, but it's not worth much if I sold it and it's nicely played in now after 14 years.

The orange drop capacitors are a particular type that seems to have mythical properties according to some, though IMHO it's the particular value that you fit that makes the difference. You can buy them from Bare Knuckle in the UK (who also make pick ups) if you want as they aren't massively expensive.

2. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

Thanks kelvin, nice to hear from someone that has been in my position - I love the way this cheap Tele plays, just need better sounds from it! I expect that when funds allow it i'll 'upgrade' to a Fender, feel's like i've been well and truly bitten by the Tele bug...

Thanks for the info regarding the orange drop, i'll get on the case and get one ordered.
    In other news these bad boys turned up today -
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Only had a quick look so far but they ooze quality, they even smell nice! :lol:

3. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Those Affinity teles are great bang for buck and modding. I eventually upgraded mine to a MIM and have since built a Cabronita but my buddy has the affinity and I still enjoy picking it up when I go over there.

4. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

Hi guy's, i've started to mod it now. Nocaster pickups are in and i've fitted 250k pots. It now sounds completely brilliant, the neck pick up through a clean amp is amazing, and the bridge with a bit of drive is just what i was after. I would say for me they were definitely worth the money.

I've also modded the bridge with some Vanson compensated brass saddles, it does sound better for it but i need some longer bolts so i can intonate it properly. Either that or get a new bridgeplate for it.

I'm also planning on getting a black scratch plate, and maybe at some point refinishing the body, but i know poly can be a ***** to strip so i might not get that far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DaveNolan

DaveNolan TDPRI Member

That's a very pretty pickguard. Where did you get it?

[​IMG]
    This is mine. Got it a couple days ago (after years of looking at em). They really are pretty thangs xD. Love the vintage blonde-y/cream finish. I've ordered a chrome pickguard for mine, so hopefully that fits (I've heard of issues sometimes with using new pickguards, though mainly for older ones.)

6. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Nice guitar, one of the best colors. I was going to buy a CV in vintage blonde, but I got led in a different direction and now I have Affinity Teles in butterscotch and sunburst. Love them both, though I might mod the sunburst.

Congratulations, glad you can't put it down!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.