1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD 72 Deluxe tele... sorta :)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by JASS, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JASS

JASS TDPRI Member

Hey guys, just wanted to share my new guitar with everyone!

I recently got bitten by the WRHB fever. Telenator's sound clips, vid of the regals and of course the sounds I heard from original specimens (online, but still piqued my interest). I was also looking at the new AVRI 72 thinline, but somewhat short on cash, I decided it would be more interesting to recycle some of my stuff into something new and try some stuff out before I sold my kidney or something. I was really surprised when I realized I found my new #1!

It started life as this single pup cabronita clone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sold that tele neck, sold the body of the strat you see here:

[​IMG]

took the wenge neck and white body that remained and made this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

The pickups are lollar's regals, in case you were wondering, and I think they sound fantastic!

Here's the guitar in action. Enjoy!!

2. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

COOL!

3. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

Nice work JASS, I really like it! So I have to ask are the Lollar pups better than the old basic Fender WRHB? Possibly more in line with the 'new and improved' ones Fender is putting out now in the vintage series...?

What neck do you have on the strat now? I really like the fret markers on that neck, tell me about that. Post some clips when you get a chance. Love to hear that sweet guitar in action. Congrats, nice collection BTW.

4. JASS

JASS TDPRI Member

Thanks guys! Dave, you have quite the tele yourself! I love that blue...

RubyRae, yes, I used to have a MIM deluxe, and this blows it out of the water in my opinion. And yeah, I haven't heard a bad thing about the "new and improved" ones, so I can only imagine... Thanks for the compliments, though I have had to say goodbye to some of those since I took the pic. :(

That strat body was sold on ebay a couple of weeks back... The neck it had was from Warmoth, well they were all from Warmoth, and the inlay pattern is called "nightswan".

Here's the vid I forgot the first time around hehe

http://youtu.be/rUgF-edJtlI

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.