NGD!!! 50th Birthday Present to Myself

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted
Ever since I knew anything about guitars, I've had a crush on mid-50's blond, white guard Esquires. I've wanted one forever, but I don't have $25K burning a hole in my wallet. So over the summer, I took stock of the assorted parts I had lying around and decided to treat myself to a 50th birthday present (birthday in Nov). I contacted MJT Guitars and started a project. Well, it arrived today...and it's incredible!!! Modern neck, SD Little 59 pickup...but it is sooooo awesome feeling and sounding.
I know relics are a love/hate around here, and I myself would much rather my guitars "age" naturally. But knowing I'll never own an original 50's Esquire, I'm totally down with this.
I'm in love, guys!!!
View attachment 940246 View attachment 940247 happy birthday and NGD! She is a looker

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Ever since I knew anything about guitars, I've had a crush on mid-50's blond, white guard Esquires. I've wanted one forever, but I don't have $25K burning a hole in my wallet. So over the summer, I took stock of the assorted parts I had lying around and decided to treat myself to a 50th birthday present (birthday in Nov). I contacted MJT Guitars and started a project. Well, it arrived today...and it's incredible!!! Modern neck, SD Little 59 pickup...but it is sooooo awesome feeling and sounding.
I know relics are a love/hate around here, and I myself would much rather my guitars "age" naturally. But knowing I'll never own an original 50's Esquire, I'm totally down with this.
I'm in love, guys!!!
View attachment 940246 View attachment 940247
Very nice, and happy 50th. 🎊🎉

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
The see-through vintage blonde is so awsome. Congrats on a really nice guitar!

Somnospeed

Tele-Meister
Funny, I'm also building a dream Esquire for my 50th birthday present to myself. Granted, I don't turn 50 for another couple years, but hopefully it will be done by then. lol

Congrats to you, it's a beauty, even if it didn't cost $25,000.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Is it me or the lower part of the guitar looks funny ?

Happy birthday though ! I can't wait to see what you will buy for the 60th, and 70th birthday !