NGD - 50s Road Worn Sp. Edition...She’s Purple!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Andy Summers, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

Well, folks...I do believe this beauty is going back. I’m not digging the frets at all. Very sharp feeling to me. Even had the ends sanded down and I’m just not liking the feel of the them, just the tops of them feel sharp to me..and Im not really liking the “road Worn” neck in general. As cool as a broken in neck is, maybe it’s just not for me....so....for practically the same price, and a US made guitar (not that there is anything wrong with Mexis..at all) I ordered myself an Aztec Gold with matching headstock American Special Tele from American Musical Supply..gotta love their no credit check payment options. And I have a nice black pickguard for her. So out with the purple and in with the gold. Sorry purple beauty..I tried..

If you’re interested, AMS is blowing these American Specials out at 899, which is 100.00 less than other retailers that I’ve seen. I almost bought the same one for 999 at zzsounds until I did a google search and AMS popped up. There are other cool colors too..black and surf pearl..both with matching headstocks.

I kind of wanted to go with the antique white HS American Performer..but I need to show at least a little restraint on what a I spend..haha. Though only a 200.00 difference, it’s still 200.00..and I have a precious little girl who is turning 21 in a couple days, so I’ll put that toward something special for her.

Here’s the Gold Special!! Another NGD post on Wednesday after she arrives :)

AC6757C6-38A1-4E9B-BF0F-6EECF847B975.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

I own the regular blonde version and it an awesome guitar.Cool that they offer a unique variation on that color-wise.

Andy Summers likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.