NGD, 40 years in the making

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
I sold off a lot of guitars over the past few months.
Four were divested this past week alone.

All in order to make room for a guitar that I've been lusting for for quite some time.
Probably since 1981, when I first picked up Elvis Costello's album Trust out of a sale bin in a record store in Wiesbaden, Germany, back in the day.

I admired his quirky song-craft and eccentric guitar playing.
I was an avid fan for many albums and many years, from Almost Blue to beyond Spike to Mighty Like The Rose. I listened to When I Was Cruel just the other day.

And I always fancied owning a Fender Jazzmaster some day.
One like his, or a close facsimile.

And so that day came today.
The 2021 Fender Player Jazzmaster black-faced CME Limited Edition.
I love it.

I need to bring the pickups up just a few miles closer to the strings, but congrats to the Chicago Musical Exchange for an otherwise nicely set-up guitar.

;)

full frontal.jpg
low aspect frontal.jpg
headstock frontal.jpg
back of headstock.jpg
top angle top.jpg

johmica

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats, my buddy. I've always felt that while the rest of us are writing pop and looking for the hooks, the 2nd Elvis is looking for themes, and writing operas.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
As soon as u said Elvis Costello, I knew jazz master . Looks sweet . I really want one too. Dive into that baby

peteycaster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Nice. I dig all those albums too. Recently got into Almost Blue again. Have fun with the new addition.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Fantastic man!!! Kudos to you for fullfilling a dream so long in the making. I too did this just a few years ago. For near 40 years I lusted for a Martin D-45, but somehow never aquiring the means to get one. Then, a few years ago one popped up for a price I couldn't afford to pass up. I said to myself "Man... you're not getting any younger. This might be your last chance..." So I pulled the trigger on it!!! Booyah!!! My only regret is I didn't do it years ago ;)

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
Fantastic man!!! Kudos to you for fullfilling a dream so long in the making. I too did this just a few years ago. For near 40 years I lusted for a Martin D-45, but somehow never aquiring the means to get one. Then, a few years ago one popped up for a price I couldn't afford to pass up. I said to myself "Man... you're not getting any younger. This might be your last chance..." So I pulled the trigger on it!!! Booyah!!! My only regret is I didn't do it years ago ;)

The best thing ever!
:)

Matthias

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I had a similar experience! Spent 25 years fancying a JM until I final got one. Great guitars. In my experience the pickups take a while to find the pefect height and the same with finding the right amp settings but they really are Swiss Army Knives of pickups... Everything from surf tones to growl.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Congrats! I myself have discovered that the things I lusted after in my youth aren’t typically what I like as an adult. I finally have a Strat loaded with twin rails and…I don’t play it.