NGD 2012 51 Nocaster

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Guitartom_ca, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

I've played a few Nocasters, and they were all stellar. That's a telecaster that is tough to beat.

2. Morgenholz

Morgenholz TDPRI Member

I've got a '99 NOS-- yours looks to have that finish as well. The basic, desert island guitar. Back when mine was made, however, it seems like the relics were generally lighter in weight-- I had discovered that I did not really like Les Pauls and a 7.5lb. tele seemed light to me at the time...

3. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

I just bought a 2012 Nocaster and have a question for the experts - the shop where I bought it from in Tokyo does not have a CS certificate. Due to the language barrier from what I can make out it seems the guitar was acquired by the shop through a connection or relationship with Fender or another dealer overseas. Maybe it was a roadshow guitar or something like this?

I don't have particular concern about the guitar pedigree but I wonder if I can obtain a replacement certificate from Fender? What would I need to provide to the CS?

Thank you.

4. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Don't how I missed this thread because I love NGD's.

Beautiful!

Congrats and enjoy!

5. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Being outside the US may be the biggest problem. Unless Fender has changed their policy, AFIK, the only way to get a replacement COA was to the original owner with proof that you were the original owner.

6. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

I've never had a problem with humidity/heat and my 06 nos nocaster neck. They were never sticky like some of the AV52. The finish on the neck and body is rock hard and slick.

7. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Thanks. If I just want to first verify the specs with the CS any idea what information I need to provide to them?

8. Joe M

Admin Post
    All the CS needs is the serial number. With that, they can give you all the specs on the guitar. I've done it several times with used CS guitars that I have purchased. Mine all had COA's, I was more interested on the specs of each guitar.

Good luck....

9. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Simple question - the SN should be the number stamped on the bridge plate correct? Thanks.

10. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Congrats. Enjoyed the video. Great picking.

11. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

I contacted the CS and have a replacement COA in the mail on the way to me!

12. Joe M

Admin Post
    Interesting, they didn't ask for any proof of purchase or anything else like that?

13. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

They did and I sent them photos of the Nocaster and my invoice etc. Seems to have worked out the way I had hoped.

14. Joe M

Admin Post
    Great news, glad it worked out for you. I'm curious to find out how long it takes for you to get the COA. I had a similar situation, bought a brand new CS Nocaster from an authorized Fender dealer a couple of years ago who had "lost" the COA. Took a lot of calls and about 2 months before I got the replacement COA.

15. Sofaplayer

Sofaplayer Tele-Meister

Nice guitar, congrats! But someone please enlighten me - what's different about a Nocaster other than the missing 'Telecaster' decal on the headstock?

16. SeaFoamGreener

SeaFoamGreener TDPRI Member

Beautiful!!!

17. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

I requested the specs of my Nocaster and a replacement COA over the course of last week or so and exchanged maybe 6 emails. Though the COA hasn't arrived I was told it was being sent by FedEx earlier this week so I guess it will show up sometime next week so I suspect all up about 3 weeks. I'm pleased with the CS's customer service on this issue.

18. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

I just got the FedEx envelope 10 minutes ago so I'll revise the timeframe to about 2 weeks top to bottom. Very pleased with how this turned out, Matt at the CS was very helpful.

19. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Yep, SN is on the plate. Mine is an '06 NOS and it arrived in a molded plastic case. The shipping carton also contained a tweed "poodle" case (cool looking but little protection) which was standard at the time. Did they stop that and now issue the rectangle G&G tweed case like the OP's?

20. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Yes mine came in a rectangular tweed case.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.