1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: 2010 MIM "Fender Special Edition" BSB

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DADGAD, Oct 22, 2010.

1. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

Fender must still be making them because I saw a BSB FSR at the GC in Portland today.

2. hugocaster

hugocaster TDPRI Member

Just bought one :D the same blonde like on the 1st page. but I think Im gonna change the stock pickups with Lollar vintage t (bridge) and alnico 3 (neck). Cuz the stock pickups is a lil bit dark especially on the neck, but the bridge pickup is fine, maybe too hot for some tele purist but if you kick it to overdrive its sounds reaallyy beefy with a touch of clarity. IMHO :)

3. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Congrats. They are now available online. Someone else on the forum not GC figured it out. Type in fender fsr tele. No silverones though. Funny my neck pickup was not bassy enough. Mine too clear, would rather more beefy.

4. DOGMA Dunn

DOGMA Dunn Friend of Leo's

Happy old guitar day.

5. gtrjake

gtrjake TDPRI Member

I bought one this past weekend at the Dallas GC. They actually had 2 of them, so I picked the best one! Talked them into 20% off, too, so I got it for $400.

6. Amishius

Amishius Tele-Meister

I was at the GC in Attleboro MA today and noticed one- very nice.

Off topic: I was at the Warwick RI one the other day (where I bought a Mustang I) and talked to the manager casually, noting that he seems to put 3 saddle bridges on nearly all the teles.

"Yeah, well it's tradition, right? That's how they are and should always be."

I guess they have some control on what they have in there- kinda cool, eh?

7. gtrjake

gtrjake TDPRI Member

By the way, the GC in Plano Texas has one of the Silverburst FSR's, I was pretty tempted by that one as well. Don't know if I've seen any of those here on the forum, anybody have one?

8. Rob TeleMan

Rob TeleMan Tele-Meister

Update on mine

Some of the previous posts mentioned a 2 piece body; I guess I got lucky, as mine is definitely one piece. I ordered up 2 DiMarzio replacement pickups; a True Velvet bridge and a Twang King neck. (I have 2 of their pickups in my other two Teles, and have been very pleased) Called up DiMarzio and talked to someone about the tone I was after; they have great phone service. Will take the guitar over to my tech person, have him do a setup, install the pickups and add a set of Glendale saddles; should be a stellar guitar. Here's another pic; some shadows from the top of the case, but you can see the finish pretty well.

Attached Files:

9. hugocaster

hugocaster TDPRI Member

Too clear? well, Im curious about that, but maybe depends on the setting though, I like to turn up the mid and bass past 5 :p
    Anyway, my Lollar pickups is installed, and the result is this pickup is VERY CLEAR sounding. The string definition on the neck pickup is amazing,not muddy at all. The bridge is okay, clear with a touch of mids. Enough punch to kick an overdrive. But honestly I like the stock bridge better, it have more mids and output although you couldn't have a really clean twang. Tend to get a lil bit overdriven. Creamy sounding I guess, just suit my style :)

Overall this Lollar pickup is have that traditional tele sound,great for clean work :D

10. szechuanking

szechuanking Tele-Holic

why dont they use the walnut plug on the mim necks?

11. wragen22

wragen22 TDPRI Member

Wow, thanks for the gut shots! I want to install either a lollar imperial low-wind humbucker or the mini firebird..still undecided. How easy/hard might this be while keeping the stock bridge?

12. wragen22

wragen22 TDPRI Member

Here is mine that I just picked up a few days ago at gc. No plinking for me, and looks like I got all one piece body. All goodness :p I am going to be putting lollar low-wind humbucker in the neck. Anything I might run into when adding the humbucker to the stock bridge?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Sambora5150

Sambora5150 NEW MEMBER!

14. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Suuuuuweeeeeet!

15. Amishius

Amishius Tele-Meister

It was mentioned on page one that it is probably a special run for Guitar Center...

16. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

MIM pups

About MIM pickups, here is a pic of my MIM 60`s Classic Strat. Are these ceramics or alnicos? Pots are CTS, that is ingraved/stamped on them.
    To me, tone is wonderful. I own 3 MIMs, Baja has definitely alnico pups, and pup in Precision Standard 2010 look similar with Strat`s.:neutral:

That Special Edition Tele has a pickup selector which looks similar as usual in Strats. CV50 Tele has a different one, see pic. Do that SE Tele have full sized pots? I can`t decide it from pics here, CV50 has full sized Alpine pots.:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  17. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

"gone shopping"

18. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Available 10/3/11 BSB Standard Ash $499.

19. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

CAR and Arctic White available and Copper Burst. $699 CB $399.

20. nickpost

nickpost Tele-Meister

Picked one up at GC yesterday. My first Telecaster by the way. Im new here and prior to that I hadnt even read this thread and picked this Tele out of every other at GC. To paraphrase an earlier post "I've never bought a guitar because of how it sounded dry" - man was that dude on the money! I havnt owned a Mexican since a 95 MIM strat I bought new with tiny fretwire and aweful pups and man am I impressed! Fantastic build quality! The guy at GC hadnt a clue about any of the particulars so I called Fender and was told the pups are vintage overwound? Am wondering if anyone has tried a set of the D Allen Wildcats in this Tele? Or could recommend something similar?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.