NGD - 2009 American Standard Strat

TheMattJones88

Tele-Meister
I've been craving a strat for a while now. It started a while back when I was watching analog delay demos and wondering why my delays didn't sound like the demos I was watching, and then it came to me, all of the demos had people using strats for that The Edge thing.

Anyways, I finally got the nerve up to trade a guitar I had that I liked but didn't love and didn't really fit with my playing style, and I traded it straight up with a store for this guitar...

Nrht8dX.jpg

2009 American Standard Stratocaster, ash body. The previous owner replaced the pickguard / trem tip / knobs etc for black, as you can see. They also installed locking tuners (incorrectly, the short ones are on EAD, and tall on GBE, I'll fix that on the next restring. I just ordered a Callaham American Standard bridge upgrade kit this morning, mostly because the trem arm on this is real loose and wiggly and doesn't really work all that well, I'm looking forward to having something a bit more stable.

It sounds great through my Ampeg Jet. It sounds like a Strat in all the best ways. A day out from my trade I'm very happy with it.

gibson11

Tele-Meister
wrap some plumbing tape around the threads of yer whammy bar and presto its nice and snug. Have locking tuners on my Strat Plus and hate them, adds too much weight to the head stock and the screw always go flying off.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
I've been craving a strat for a while now. It started a while back when I was watching analog delay demos and wondering why my delays didn't sound like the demos I was watching, and then it came to me, all of the demos had people using strats for that The Edge thing.

Anyways, I finally got the nerve up to trade a guitar I had that I liked but didn't love and didn't really fit with my playing style, and I traded it straight up with a store for this guitar...

Nrht8dX.jpg

2009 American Standard Stratocaster, ash body. The previous owner replaced the pickguard / trem tip / knobs etc for black, as you can see. They also installed locking tuners (incorrectly, the short ones are on EAD, and tall on GBE, I'll fix that on the next restring. I just ordered a Callaham American Standard bridge upgrade kit this morning, mostly because the trem arm on this is real loose and wiggly and doesn't really work all that well, I'm looking forward to having something a bit more stable.

It sounds great through my Ampeg Jet. It sounds like a Strat in all the best ways. A day out from my trade I'm very happy with it.

What a beautiful Strat! You won't believe this, but I've had a picture as a "stock" photo saved on my computer of Strat color combinations that I admire--its very similar to yours!

Sunburst w Black Pickguard Rosewood.jpg