NGD: 2008 Epiphone Les Paul Slash...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by bluesholyman, Jul 11, 2019.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

I went to a semi-local music store because they were advertising an Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Standard v3 for sale at a decent price ($400) and after talking to them, everything seemed stock about the guitar - I had one before and regretted selling it, so off I went in hopes of getting those burstbucker pickups in a good guitar...

Upon arriving, came to find out there was a crack just below the headstock, the original pickups had been swapped out and it had been played hard, in need of a fret job and some rework - a no go...

So I start walking the store, that has a ton of stuff and I notice one tagged "Epiphone Les Paul Standard" and its marked down to $200 - but the pickups are nickel covered, it has the lime Keystone tuners branded epiphone and a gold Custom Shop logo on back of the head stock. I plug it in and it sounds really, really good. Pop the back cover - metal braid pickup wire - pretty sure those are Gibsons and there are other indications pickups have been changed out. I do the deal and pickup a pedal while I am there.

Turns out is a 2008 Epiphone Les Paul Slash that someone changed out the SD Alnico's with a set of '57 Classics. Its in the middle of a string change, cleaning up the control wires and oiling up of the fretboard, but very happy with it. Has an extra-long neck tenon and one-piece mahogany back - haven't weighed it yet but guessing about 8.5 lbs.

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

Zepfan, Stubee, Piggy Stu and 2 others like this.
  2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Great find! She is a beauty. Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.