NGD: 1983 Ibanez Roadstar II and a story

FabriceKaiser

TDPRI Member
I used to play a Blazer Series II. I'm not sure what the difference between the Roadstar and the Blazer Series were. Mine was the model with 2 humbuckers and a hardtail bridge, so extremely similar to yours.
I remember it as an extremely well made guitar that sounded really good.
I think this is a fantastic score!

gramatica

TDPRI Member
Early 80s, I had a strat project with a blown truss rod. My guitar shop was parting out a Blazer and I'm all over Ibanii... so I bought the neck. $50.

Naturally it didn't fit the body I had at home. I went back later in the week and bought the body ($50) – go figure, the neck fit!

So I attached my Fender guts to the Ibanez body. Badda-Bing. Problem solved.

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
I bought an RS440 in candy apple red with matching headstock and rosewood board in 1985. 2 singles and a blade bridge bucker that split into a single. Had
the cool v strap pins, a locking Ibanez vibrato bridge and nut; the guitar was abso,Ute,y versatile and sounded fantastic stock. Effortless to play. Sold it stupidly in 1987 .

Redleg37

Tele-Meister
I played it at church on Sunday through my Helix LT with the David Hislop Bethel patch. It sounded really good. The Hislop patch is fantastic.

NC E30

Tele-Meister
I bought an RS440 in candy apple red with matching headstock and rosewood board in 1985. 2 singles and a blade bridge bucker that split into a single. Had
the cool v strap pins, a locking Ibanez vibrato bridge and nut; the guitar was abso,Ute,y versatile and sounded fantastic stock. Effortless to play. Sold it stupidly in 1987 .
Sounds just like the one I bought in 1985, still have it

Attachments

• 20221207_190059.jpg
    20221207_190059.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 11

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Nice guitar, congrats. You were definitely in the right place at the right time.

I had one for a while, I think it was an '81.

1.JPG

I sold it along with a few other guitars to buy a Les Paul, but that was a solid guitar.

I've had 5 or 6 Ibbies, and every single one of them has been really good.

- D

Last edited: