1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD - 12-String Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by BuckNekkid, Aug 29, 2018.

1. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

New, not used. A brand-new FSR as shown on Fender's site. MIJ, using some cheaper components (basswood body, standard SC pups, etc.). My first new guitar was an acoustic 12-string, so this brings my collection full circle. Shown here with its bigger brother, my Eric Clapton Artist Series Strat.

[​IMG]

2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Cool. Never seen one.
    What body colour is that?

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool!

4. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Congrats! Those are super cool. I had one in 3TSB that jangled like a Rick. I forget why I sold that . . .

5. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

They are both Olympic White. The difference may be in the lighting, or perhaps the color of the EC Strat has changed over the past couple of years.

6. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

A friend had one. Plug it in, it's a 60s wig-out!

Congrats on a cool purchase.

7. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

Cool! HNGD!
    I saw Brian Wilson playing last week and one of his guitarists has one (I think LPB or something like that). Then I googled and found that you can buy those MIJ ones right now... if I was at the right point in the saving / spending cycle it would be very tempting!
    (For anyone in the U.K. — £999 from GuitarGuitar...) https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prod...4Mg2r58ryimP202cCmkmli0j1nHPf9lcaAs1jEALw_wcB

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone Tele-Meister

I'm considering one of these. I remember them from the late 80s-early 90s or so,

I remember the ones they had in my area stores back then varied a bit in nut width/neck feel. If they are more consistent now, that would be pretty awesome, because I've been hoping for an electric twelve string. I love the sound of a Ric twelve, but they are just way too skinny for my orangutan paws.

How's the neck on yours?

9. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

I learned something new today.

I didn't know fender made an electric 12.

Now I'm gassing, searching the bay and have a message out to a seller about his listing.o_O

ianstrike likes this.
  10. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Sweet! I’m drooling for one just like it.....

11. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

Congrats. Mine will be here later today. :D

richey88 likes this.
  12. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I just played one of those today. I liked it a lot, but no mullah. maybe further on down the road.

13. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Kat let us know how it goes!

14. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

Anybody else notice that the six string ferrules are grossly misaligned on the sunburst Strat XII pictured on the Fender website?!?

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone Tele-Meister

Are they misaligned, or just lined up with the predicted saddle placement? I'm guessing it's supposed to be saddle placement.

And Don71: Back in the late 60s-early 70s Fender also made another electric 12 string, called the Fender XII. It was more of a Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang shape with Mustang-ish pickups.

16. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

I got to play one of these 12-string MIJs at the local shop last week. Really great neck. Chunky and felt pretty wide for a strat. The fit and finish was really good, too. I’m glad they cut that stupid bend off of the top of the headstock. I always thought that looked like a badly drawn christmas hat.

Funny story - the day the 12-string strat hit the store, a guy was buying a 12-string Martin. And while he was checking out, fedex delivered to the strat. They unboxed it, he played for a few minutes and bought it, too. It was in the store for about 10 minutes - he was nice enough to let me get my mits on it before he left.
    Timing is everything, I guess :)

17. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

That’s something that you don’t see often. Wow. Congratulations!

18. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice! Belated congratulations!

19. tatwell

tatwell TDPRI Member

I’ve been wanting one of these since I found out they existed. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on an Olympic white one and it’ll be here tomorrow. BTW, I had a hard time finding one and I bought the only one I could find. I’m looking forward to trying it out, but I have a question concerning the strings. Fenders site says it comes with 9-42 strings. How have these worked for those who have one? And if you’ve switched to a different gauge what did you use?

20. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

I just had mine inspected and setup (I have to pick it up this morning :D). I had my tech put 10s on it. It also needed a little work on the nut (it was cut too high) and the neck needed a minor adjustment.

I don't get along with .009s, all my Fenders have .010s. The nut still would have needed work if I kept the .009s. If you want to get one of these, don't hesitate if you find one, they seem to disappear quickly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.