NG(s)D Strat and Tele

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
So New Guitars Day, sort of. Lol They were both recent builds. I just put the finishing touches on the tele, finished the strat last week. I didn't plan on getting two guitars in one week, but I had a delay on some of the parts for the tele, so it just kinda happened. Really enjoying both! I'm mainly a tele player, so I imagine she'll get most of the attention. Did the strat because, while I like humbucker guitars, I just haven't gelled with any "normal" HB guitars. And I've tried pretty much all of them Les Pauls, 335s, PRS etc. I'm just way too familiar and comfortable with the feel and shape of Fenders. So here is the deets.

Tele:
-62' custom style body from MJT. Nitro body, "closet classic" style finish. So a bit of checking, but no dings or bare bits.
-Warmoth neck. Clapton soft V profile. 10-16 compound radius. Med/Jumbo frets. Did the nitro finish myself. Bone nut.
- 3 piece brass InTune Gotoh saddles. Rest of the hardware is the Fender road worn stuff.
- Lindy Fralin pickups. Blues special in the neck and stock tele with 2% overwind in the bridge.
-Standard switch, but the volume is push/ pull for both pickups in series and the tone is push/ pull to bypass the volume and tone pot straight to the output for a brighter sound.

Strat:

-MJT body bought used.
- Warmoth neck. Standard thin profile. 9.5 radius. Med/jumbo frets. Though after playing that Clapton profile with the compound radius, I may get the same specs for the strat.
- Fender bridge with Callaham saddles. Rest of the hardware is road worn as well.
- All Lindy Fralin pickups. Humbuckers are Sunbucker Blues and middle is Blues Special.
- 3 way switch. Push/pull volume for a coil split. Added a resistor so it's a "partial coil split." The only coil splits that sound decent IMHO. Master volume, master tone, and a blender pot for the humbuckers so I can get the neck and bridge together.

Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
Cody

20220804_090516.jpg

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
Impressive!!!!! Congrats! The Strat is particularly intriguing. Can you describe its tones? Tough to do, I know.....
Thanks! While the humbuckers have a bit of oomph to them, they are very articulate and chimy. Definitely due to the Fralins. Vintage output 7ohm and change, can't remember exactly. Almost like a cross between a regular strat single coil and a PAF. The middle is vintage output as well, but keeps up with the HBs volume wise, 7.1ohm. Really hefty clean tone, similar to Jerry Garcia. I think that pretty much sums up the guitar tone as a whole, sparkly but with some beef to it.

bluesmain

TDPRI Member
schweeeeeet
pro level for sure
warmoth for 32 years
still have 1st a strat
bought 6 while in the hospital last year for open heart
never forget this one i let go they built 2 of these bodies
saw a pic of the other one not near as dramatic(flamed not quilt ) strat headstock
3 duncan 5/2's neck never moved in 12 years miss her every day

Attachments

• 4111057849_ff62b96606.jpg
    4111057849_ff62b96606.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 27

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
schweeeeeet
pro level for sure
warmoth for 32 years
still have 1st a strat
bought 6 while in the hospital last year for open heart
never forget this one i let go they built 2 of these bodies
saw a pic of the other one not near as dramatic(flamed not quilt ) strat headstock
3 duncan 5/2's neck never moved in 12 years miss her every day
Thanks! Ah yes the 'ol "one that got away guitar." I hear ya there. I still kick myself for trading away my first "real" guitar I bought. MIJ '57 reissue strat.

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
Beautiful guitars. The Fender logo's do bother me bit, though.

Thanks, and I get it. I do it solely for aesthetic reasons. First partscaster I made I didn't use a fender sticker and it just always looked wrong. And I make my partscasters with zero intentions of selling them. The only one I have sold, I made VERY clear in the Reverb post the neck was Warmoth. Listed it as such in both the title, and the in the text of the post in bold typeface with *** around it. Also at the end of the list I mentioned "in case you missed it the first couple of times, this is a Warmoth neck." Lol

Also, the neck on the strat I bought as is from Reverb. I went searching specifically for a Warmoth neck and the seller saved me the trouble of adding the sticker. IMO as long as any seller is up front I have zero issues. But I totally understand how it rubs some the wrong way.

Frankentronics

TDPRI Member
I believe you would take some pleasure in coming up with your own brand name and logo. I know it can be a bit daunting at first, hoping that an inspiration would come. But if you just start working on a name and logo it might surprise you. You might just come up with something you'll be really happy with.