Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
It goes without saying, I love fuzz pedals of all kinds. I know it's true, you can never have too many. Therefore, I don't have too many.

I made a deal with myself that if I can go an entire month without buying a new fuzz pedal I could reward myself with a new fuzz pedal. And I did not succeed in my goal of abstinence. So I don't get to buy a fuzz at the end of the month. Unless I decide I've already escaped my prison so I might as well keep running.

Here is Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday looked like at my happy, fuzzy home:
Demedash Spidola - germanium classic fuzz.
Anasounds Bitoun - highly adjustable under the hood, it's 2 stacked fuzz circuits with adjustable ring, bias, octave, everything.
Ramble FX Twin Bender - switchable between mark 1.5 and Mark 2 Bender circuits but with some added features on the face.
Spiral Electric FX Demhe, this is Tom Cram's venture, he was the DOD guy, THE GUY, the guy who developed the Carcosa fuzz. This is his improvement. It's smooth and creamy goodness.

I probably dropped a picture of one or 2 of these elsewhere.

Enjoy. Or come at me. I can take it. I'm looking for another fuzz. Got any recommendations?
upload_2021-8-19_21-10-38.jpeg
upload_2021-8-19_21-10-52.jpeg

upload_2021-8-19_21-11-18.jpeg

upload_2021-8-19_21-11-33.jpeg

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I really like the Demhe. It's very smooth. The 1-2 switch is diode clipping and no-diode clipping. It's a full sound but not violent. Closer to classic DA in terms of the tone. The Detail knob is basically a high cut from what I can hear. I found usable settings right away. You have to push the gain way up and choke it to make it harsh. It's not too bass heavy, doesn't seem to color the tone a lot. And it's not too hot. you don't have to keep the level at 10:00 for unity. Plus the screws are on top so --- mind blown.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Man, lately I've been into fuzz big time (get your head outta the gutter ;)) LOL!! In the last 4 months I've got no less than 3 new fuzz pedals, and 1 on backorder:

JR Archer
Handbuilt Klon cloan
Fulltone 70's
Backordered - Dunlop JDF2

I love em all for different reasons and really looking forward to the Dunlop when it comes in!

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
I really like the Demhe. It's very smooth. The 1-2 switch is diode clipping and no-diode clipping. It's a full sound but not violent. Closer to classic DA in terms of the tone. The Detail knob is basically a high cut from what I can hear. I found usable settings right away. You have to push the gain way up and choke it to make it harsh. It's not too bass heavy, doesn't seem to color the tone a lot. And it's not too hot. you don't have to keep the level at 10:00 for unity. Plus the screws are on top so --- mind blown.

I’ve had my eye on this one. I had a Black Spiral fuzz for a while and I really liked how it sounded, but it didn’t have enough gain for what I wanted to do with it. I still have a Carcosa, which I like a lot.

Have you compared the Demhe to the Carcosa? If so, how are they different?

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I’ve had my eye on this one. I had a Black Spiral fuzz for a while and I really liked how it sounded, but it didn’t have enough gain for what I wanted to do with it. I still have a Carcosa, which I like a lot.

Have you compared the Demhe to the Carcosa? If so, how are they different?
I don’t have a Carcosa any more but I think I’ll borrow one and A-B them. The demos are similar.

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
It goes without saying, I love fuzz pedals of all kinds. I know it's true, you can never have too many. Therefore, I don't have too many.

I made a deal with myself that if I can go an entire month without buying a new fuzz pedal I could reward myself with a new fuzz pedal. And I did not succeed in my goal of abstinence. So I don't get to buy a fuzz at the end of the month. Unless I decide I've already escaped my prison so I might as well keep running.

Here is Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday looked like at my happy, fuzzy home:
Demedash Spidola - germanium classic fuzz.
Anasounds Bitoun - highly adjustable under the hood, it's 2 stacked fuzz circuits with adjustable ring, bias, octave, everything.
Ramble FX Twin Bender - switchable between mark 1.5 and Mark 2 Bender circuits but with some added features on the face.
Spiral Electric FX Demhe, this is Tom Cram's venture, he was the DOD guy, THE GUY, the guy who developed the Carcosa fuzz. This is his improvement. It's smooth and creamy goodness.

I probably dropped a picture of one or 2 of these elsewhere.

Enjoy. Or come at me. I can take it. I'm looking for another fuzz. Got any recommendations?
View attachment 890525 View attachment 890526
View attachment 890528
View attachment 890529
I was thinking about the Demhe as it seems to me like an improved Carcosa. Please let me know what you think of it.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I wouldn’t mind getting turned loose with that Twin Bender for an afternoon. I am seriously deficient in actual Tone Bender experience but like how they sound on YouTube.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The Demedash is a real looker all right ..what's the story with that one?
Steve Demedash makes a handful of cool designs up in Winnipeg. This is hand wired Soviet era germanium. It’s a 70s vibe. But it doesn’t hiss and doesn’t lose the bottom. It’s like a thick fuzz face.
He makes a couple cool tape delay pedals, I may eventually end up with one.

nobis17

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
That twin bender has been on my wish list for a while now, especially since I traded off the JHS bender (it was cool, but the Mk 3 sound wasn't doing it for me - maybe the Mk 2 & 1.5 is different?).

I have really been enjoying my Thorpy Field Marshall. It is a modern release of the Lovetone Big Cheese (yes, the original lovetone guys helped design it)

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That twin bender has been on my wish list for a while now, especially since I traded off the JHS bender (it was cool, but the Mk 3 sound wasn't doing it for me - maybe the Mk 2 & 1.5 is different?).

I have really been enjoying my Thorpy Field Marshall. It is a modern release of the Lovetone Big Cheese (yes, the original lovetone guys helped design it)
Thorpy stuff looks cool. I’ve thought about trying one. The Twin Bender, I really don’t see using the 1.5 setting. The Mark II sounds better to me. Subjective. But that’s an easy call for me.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Steve Demedash makes a handful of cool designs up in Winnipeg. This is hand wired Soviet era germanium. It’s a 70s vibe. But it doesn’t hiss and doesn’t lose the bottom. It’s like a thick fuzz face. He makes a couple cool tape delay pedals, I may eventually end up with one.

Good stuff, thanks for that info; I'm looking to expand my fuzz palette a bit.