NFL Wild Card Weekend thoughts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Jan 4, 2020.

1. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The only game that matters to me is the Patriots/Titans, and I want to see the Pats win. Win or lose, they're not going to make the Superbowl.

We are watching the end of an era. :( At least it was a good ride.

Stubee likes this.
  2. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Thing with Brady is, in the past he was always one of those quarterbacks that could make average receivers make the Pro Bowl (what's Danny Amendola done since he left NE?). But now, he's in his 40s, his body is starting to break down, and he's no longer that guy. Not to diminish what Brady's done, but time catches up to everyone.

But, I think the Pats will continue to be dangerous as long as Darth Hoodie is masterminding the team. No one is better at covering flaws in his team and coming through in the big moments.

Charlodius and MattyK-USA like this.
  3. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Ravens cannot lose this weekend.
    ;-)

Bassman8 and getbent like this.
  4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

with randy moss it was lights out and the surrounding players benefited

with josh gordon it didnt happen like with moss...gordon imploded and they had average receivers in his place

with antonio brown it was the same as with gordon

they could use lesser receivers with having those high caliber receivers but they didnt plan on gordon or brown not lasting the whole years when they were there...like i said...edelman cant do it all...if gronk was there with edelman it be a different story

id say it isnt as much bradys decline as him not having the personnel hes used to having...at this point his age and skills making the average receiver great isnt working...he needs a gordon or brown

NewKid and stnmtthw like this.
  5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

As has been mentioned it takes TWO guys to make a completed pass and Brady is only one guy. Yeah he's older but his mechanics and arm are still better than most guys and he's got the swagger of being an incredible winner on his side. He'll hang it up on his own terms, and I don't believe his wife's income has anything to do with it. He's made enough $$$ in his lifetime they never need to even touch her $$$. My only problem with Brady is that he wasn't on my team all those years.

6. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

Montana left San Fran! Although they had another future Hall of famer to take over.

7. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

I'd love to see:

1. Mariota come off the bench to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

2. Philly beat Seahawks and not suffer any more injuries.

3. A brand new black Gretsch Duo Jet sitting on my basement couch.

None of those options seem at all probable--but i think no. 2 has the best chance of happening.

Stringbanger, Stubee and BB like this.
  8. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Seattle vs Philly is going to be a good game tomorrow. The amount of players out for each team is beyond belief! Wentz is the first QB in history to pass for over 4,000 yards without a wide receiver going over 500 yards. Pretty amazing stat.

I've heard the pundits talking about the fact the Eagles 4 game winning streak came against lesser opponents and I say Bull. To win 4 games in a row (considering what they were facing) is not an easy task regardless of who you're playing.

The good thing about the Hawks in their 7-1 road record this season. After years of falling flat playing in the eastern time zone, they have finally figured out how to play on the east coast.

Both teams banged up, but I'm expecting a hard fought, tough as nails game from both sides. Hoping Seattle comes out on top, but won't be surprised if the Eagles fly higher tomorrow. I know Foles is held in high regard (and rightly so) in Philly, but Wentz is the real deal. I remember his rookie year game in Seattle. The Hawks won, but he had some plays that were otherworldly. Good to see him stay upright this year and hope the injury bug is behind him. He has all the goods to be a hall of fame QB. Myles Sanders is a stud and so cool to see Boston Scott (another 6th rounder like the Hawks Travis Homer) do what he did. I knew Homer was good, but cool to see him run tough and make some nice pass plays out of the backfield. Back in the day, Marshawn was so good on swing passes out of the backfield... hope to see some of that tomorrow.

Marshawn Lynch should be a much bigger factor in this game as he is now comfortable with the whole offense, fresh legs, (even though they are 33 years old!) and the fact he came out of the Frisco game without a scratch. Still one of my all time favorite NFL running backs. It will be fun to see how they use him this game.

Titans/Pats game is going to be a good one too. Everyone seems to be writing off Brady and the Pats, but we will have to wait and see. As much as I like the titans, until the King is ousted, he's still the king. Look out for Derrick Henry. So cool to see him come into his own and start bruising opposing defenses like he did at Alabama. The man is a beast.

Vikings/Saints: I really like the make up of both teams, however, Brees is playing on a whole different level. Kamera and Thomas plus a great defense make me chose the Saints in this one. However, if Cook gets cooking for the Vic's, it could keep Brees and co off the field.

Bills/Texans: Again, I'm a fan of both teams. Josh Allen get's criticized, but man... is he a player or what! Tough as nails, confident and if he gets his arm on track, look out. With that defense they could go a long way. Same for Houston. Watson is going to be a great, great QB in this league for a long time. Like Wentz, bad injuries at the end of his rookie year and it takes time to get confidence back, but he's a great player and will get even better. If you want to watch a great game, check out Houston VS Seattle in Watson rookie year. He was lights out with Hopkins and Fuller hauling in pass after pass. Unfortunately for him, Russell Wilson was also great and led the Hawks to a come back win. Just a fantastic game to watch.

Anyway, should be a great weekend of football. Looking forward to it. Bills/Texans starting in a few!

dburns, Stringbanger and Stubee like this.
  9. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

Buffalo comes out strong 7-0.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

bills--> love the Allen kid, from the central valley, gotta love it.
    eagles--> the loss of carson is significant and the key
    patriots--> Vrabel is a great young coach, but the old man will have a scheme to bring tannehill back to earth
    saints--> cousins...

Stubee likes this.
  11. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Bill's, Patriots, Saints, Seahawks

12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Ouch. First half brings memories of Denver. Being out played and out coached. Hope the 2Nd half is more interesting.

BB likes this.
  13. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Indeed. Josh Allen is looking real good. Hope the Texans make a game of it. I'm sure they will. Watson is amazing, but even Houdini needs a bit of time.

14. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

Here in New England, our favorite thing is when people, not from here, talk about how Brady and the Pats are done, finished, washed up. We've heard it every year for years. Keep it coming!

15. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

I want a Pats/Saints Super Bowl, and I'll root for Brees to take it in a tight game. He deserves another one.

BB and Stringbanger like this.
  16. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I am hoping for any other Super Bowl that doesn't include the Pats.

Bassman8 and TheGoodTexan like this.
  17. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

FWIW, I am from "here". :) And I have been a Pats fan for many, many years.

You want to know the sign of a true old school Pats fan? We're waiting for the other shoe to drop, every game, every play. 21 years without a Monday Night Football game, and the accompanying talent, will do that to you over time. :eek::(;):)

18. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Buffalo just sent Houston into overtime!
    Nutty game!

19. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

WOW! What a game. Allen and Watson have made some spectacular plays. How bout JJ Watt? 3rd and 9 for the Bills in OT. Can Allen do it?

20. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Guess not! Of course, 3rd and 24 after a blind side block penalty will do that!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.