NFL Wild Card Weekend thoughts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Jan 4, 2020.

1. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

Seventeen weeks of preamble led to this. Eight N.F.L. teams will fight for a chance to move on from a wild-card round that features the winners of the last three Super Bowls and that has one game in which the road team is favored.

Saturday :

Bills/Texans 4:30pm

The teams are evenly matched, and while Houston’s home-field advantage makes it a worthy favorite, there is potential for an upset.

Titans/Patriots 8:15pm

The Patriots are vulnerable to an upset, which might look shocking on paper, but actually would not be surprising at all.

Sunday:

Vikings/Saints 1:00pm

It was only two seasons ago that the Vikings upset New Orleans in the divisional around but that game was in Minnesota. This one is in New Orleans, and for it to even be close would be surprising.

Seahawks/Eagles 4:15pm

The Seahawks are not the defensive powerhouse they once were, even with Clowney on the field, but an offense led by Russell Wilson is good enough that they should be able to get through to the divisional round.

NewKid, rangercaster and jddub440 like this.
  2. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Bills/Texans 4:30pm
    Either could win for sure. But the Texans should prevail.

Titans/Patriots 8:15pm
    The Patriots are vulnerable to an upset, but it's hard to believe it really with their experience at this.

Vikings/Saints 1:00pm
    On a good day the Vik's should pull this off. But.. NAH.

Seahawks/Eagles 4:15pm
    Anybody's game. My Hawk's winning record is way above their actual team play. Many games won by 1-3 points. They have had some atrocious games this year. Plays that protect the QB by quick pass with 1 second or less release, don't exist in the Seahawk repertoire. Neither of these teams are going far this time though. Whichever has a good day. If the Hawks pound with Lynch and Turbin as they should, they win.

raderiohead, BB and jddub440 like this.
  3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Bills/Texans....I’m going with Bill O’Brien’s squad, because of him coaching at Penn State.

Titans/Patriots.....Anyone but the Pats!

Vikings/Saints.....Coin flip.

Seahawks/ Eagles....Hail yeah I’m nervous. Despite winning their last four games, they can pull that choke as good as anyone. If Wentz is on, we win!

Charlodius and jddub440 like this.
  4. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I like the Bills for sure over the Texans.

I hate (I know it's a strong word), the "Cheatin' Pats" so I'm rooting for the Titans and think that they have a great chance.

Saints will crush the Vikings.

Seahawks will win.

Throw out that Pats game and you have my guaranteed three game parlay.!!:D

BB and jddub440 like this.
  5. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

go bills!

go eagles!

Charlodius likes this.
  6. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

At this point it would hard to have faith in the Pats. They have a tough road in the play-offs. I do like the Saints. Drew Brees deserves a SB appearance after the tough play-off losses the Saints have had.

7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Was looking forward to the games after work today but my wife says we're going to a surprise party for someone. Surprise! Rooting for the Titans and Bills today. My Chiefs already beat NE and Baltimore this year but we lost to the Titans and Texans. Go figure that out.

Steve Holt likes this.
  8. fendrguitplayr

Brady might go down in his final appearance tonight before he's gone.

9. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Everyone outside of Boston is a Titans fan today. Please please please please please....

Other than that, my Broncos missed the playoffs (again...) so I'm adopting the 49ers as my team for the next month. If they get knocked out, go NFC champ in the Super Bowl.

Hoping for a lot of exciting games and no one getting hurt.

Ron R, graybeard65 and Stringbanger like this.
  10. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I’m looking forward to the games.

Bills vs Texans: I haven’t watched either team much but know they’re both good. I’d lean toward the Texans but I’ll pick Bills for my old friend Grub, may he RIP. He lived in Rochester from the early ‘70s until he passed away in 2013. Several times this season I’ve said “I sure wish Grub were alive to see these Bills!”

Titans vs Patriots: man, hard for me to believe the Patriots will falter this early in the playoffs but they—and especially Brady—are not what they were. Patriots.

Vikings vs Saints: Saints are too tough to lose this game.

Seahawks vs Eagles: tough tough call. Coin flip = Seahawks.

I live in Detroit Lions country so unlike many I’m a fan of a bunch of teams, including Lions’ foes like the Patriots. If I didn’t do that I’d lose interest in the game. I like all of the eight teams above.

11. Clifton C

Clifton C Tele-Afflicted

I'm from Houston and want the Texans to win, but they're so inconsistent that either team could win.

12. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

Wildcard weekend has a regular season feel to me. The playoffs start next weekend. Only a couple serious contenders, and they should win this round.

As an aside, I recently cancelled my cable (tired of the $200 bill). Tried the NFL streaming app, works brilliantly. Free! :)

Go Niners!

graybeard65 likes this.
  13. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Very much looking forward to seeing the Saints at the frozen tundra next weekend:

upload_2020-1-4_12-49-47.png

:D :D :D

stnmtthw and Stubee like this.
  14. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Texans
    Titans
    Seahawks
    And the only game I care about. My Vikings heading to New Orleans. The Saints should win this game. The Vikings defense is very poor at cornerback this year. Mac Alexander and Mike Hughes are out, and Rhodes will be up against Mike Thomas :eek:
    The Saints D line should be able to rattle Cousins. We all know what will happen if that occurs. Fumbles, and pitiful passes. Both teams are full of good players, but Brees and Thomas really tip the scale in the Saints' favor. Win or lose, I'll be watching every snap of this one.

raderiohead likes this.
  15. Brad Pittiful

he said he wanted to play a few more years...do you really think the PATS would let him sign with another team? i dont...he will be a PAT until he retires

16. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

My local classic rock station refuses to play any songs by The Eagles until Monday lol.....I'm rooting for Seahawks to take it all but they have been riddled with injuries for the last several weeks but i believe they'll be ready to show up tomorrow even though they didn't finish the season strongly.

Bill's @ Texans I'm just rooting for a good game, I'm extremely surprised the Bill's did as good as they did this season....I certainly did not see that coming!

I believe the Saints have the chip on their shoulder and will beat the Vikings.

And lastly I feel that the Pat's v Titans will be a blowout game, just not sure which team is gonna stomp the other....

17. Brad Pittiful

if only that could happen world wide forever

18. fendrguitplayr

I think he knows when he's missing pass completions, getting picked off frequently and with Giselle's income
    he may be re-thinking retirement?!?!

19. Brad Pittiful

the problem i see with his passing...antonio brown and josh gordon...gordon was suppoed to be on the right path...nope...so they didnt get any better players as he was going to be the guy...then antonio browns circus...they again played the AB hand and it didnt pay off...missing gronk doesnt help either...the only real reliable receiver brady has is edelman...he cant do it all...if they get that piece filled in...i dont see brady going anywhere

20. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Hoping the Texans will get past the Bills after winning their conference and having home field in game one so many times. The good news is it isn't the Oilers and Jim Kelly isn't going to crush my heart.

Like to see the Titans beat the Patriots. Like to see anyone beat the Patriots.

Rooting for the Saints and Buzzards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.