NFL playoff picks predictions and discussion

srvy

Tele-Meister
Yeah, it's just unfair as heck, a whole season comes down to a coin flip. They should each have a chance to score in OT!
The KC Chiefs organization proposed to the league in 2019 a change in overtime rules that both teams should get the ball in OT. The rest of the teams said no including the Buffalo Bill's. The sports wonks went ballistic saying sour grapes because KC didn't win the toss in the AFC Championship against Brady and the Pats. All the sports networks ripped us for proposing this. Funny how now that it poops on bills SB plan's the sports wonks and Twitter idiots want it changed.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
The KC Chiefs organization proposed to the league in 2019 a change in overtime rules that both teams should get the ball in OT. The rest of the teams said no including the Buffalo Bill's. The sports wonks went ballistic saying sour grapes because KC didn't win the toss in the AFC Championship against Brady and the Pats. All the sports networks ripped us for proposing this. Funny how now that it poops on bills SB plan's the sports wonks and Twitter idiots want it changed.

Great point. I'll just add... some really BAD defense in that game. Some HORRIBLE defense play calling in the Bucs game. I get that casual fans love track meet games, but man, neither of those teams was playing much defense... it looked like an NBA all star game, incredible offense and no D.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I don't know if I'll go along with your prediction on KC winning, but I think it would be a great game!
I see, sorry. I said I think KC beats Bengals and Rams beat Niners.

Wasn’t saying anything about the Super Bowl yet.

I think Cincy is the real deal but Chiefs D is better than Bengals O. Assuming Mathieu is cleared that limits the run and pass and I think they have a solid edge. That’s before I factor in home field. As a fan I’m happy with the matchups. My team is terrible so I won’t be broken no matter who wins.

I think Niners are good and I am not a Jimmy G hater, his play is very much a function of Shanny’s coaching. The Rams have better pass rush and better O than Niners.

If my guess is right a LAR - KC Super Bowl will be a party!

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity

I think Cincy is the real deal but Chiefs D is better than Bengals O. Assuming Mathieu is cleared that limits the run and pass and I think they have a solid edge. That’s before I factor in home field. As a fan I’m happy with the matchups. My team is terrible so I won’t be broken no matter who wins.

I think Niners are good and I am not a Jimmy G hater, his play is very much a function of Shanny’s coaching. The Rams have better pass rush and better O than Niners.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. You clearly were talking about next weekend.

Yep it will be a party, I hope it happens!

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Great point. I'll just add... some really BAD defense in that game. Some HORRIBLE defense play calling in the Bucs game. I get that casual fans love track meet games, but man, neither of those teams was playing much defense... it looked like an NBA all star game, incredible offense and no D.
The highly touted Bills defense looked pretty bad to me. Playing way too soft, (5-8 yards off the receiver on short field) Mahome's picked 'em apart with short passes. Also, Not covering the Mahomes run. Not to mention their terrible tackling looked like amateurs! Their great offense got the Bill's close though. I was pretty disappointed in that.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter

give this article a quick read....

hmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm not to mention SF is 6-0 against the Rams in last 6 games.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
The highly touted Bills defense looked pretty bad to me. Playing way too soft, (5-8 yards off the receiver on short field) Mahome's picked 'em apart with short passes. Also, Not covering the Mahomes run. Not to mention their terrible tackling looked like amateurs! Their great offense got the Bill's close though. I was pretty disappointed in that.
As was I. They were suppose to be the #1 pass defense in the NFL this season. They didn't match their offense with a will to win. That is for sure.

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
I say teams should quit whining about OT rules and play defense. If I wanted to watch an OT where first team to “not score” wins, I would watch more college ball.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I don’t love the OT rules. But what is really the best way?
It’s better than a tie and although I disagree that a TD or safety precludes one team from possession the bottom line is that team had the whole game to win. If they won there wouldn’t be a tiebreaker. There’s no way the losing team will ever be satisfied with any kind of tiebreaker. That’s sports.

Now at least with a coin toss it’s out of the referee’s hands.

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
What’s wrong with a tie? You play 5 full quarters and if neither team has more points it’s a tie game. Column 3 of the W/L/T page

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
Now at least with a coin toss it’s out of the referee’s hands.
Oh, they have managed to screw that up, too. You can probably find the evidence on Youtube somewhere. I want to say a Thanksgiving game with PIT.
What’s wrong with a tie? You play 5 full quarters and if neither team has more points it’s a tie game. Column 3 of the W/L/T page
That ain't going to work in the playoffs.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Oh, they have managed to screw that up, too. You can probably find the evidence on Youtube somewhere. I want to say a Thanksgiving game with PIT.

That ain't going to work in the playoffs.
I know it's sports and sports are pure and whatever. But the NFL is an entertainment product and the referees are human but they are also fans. Watch an Eagles game and watch Bucs game, they absolutely don't call roughing equally. I'm not suggesting it's all neutral or error free. In fact, the opposite. I see more and more the officiating is curved to safeguard the league's most valuable assets which are a few high profile quarterbacks. Not every QB, just a few. If Matt Ryan or Derek Carr or Winston get creamed in the helmet it's bad but not nearly as bad as Brady or Mahomes because of the profile of the player. I'm not saying they are necessarily corrupt. But I'll say it this way, If I see Willie Nelson coming behind me, I'm gonna stop and hold the door open. So the league "holds the door open" for its heroes.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.03.58 PM.png

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Ties are dumb. And this is postseason. So how can they determine who advances? There is only 1 reason they keep score in sports and each team only has 1 job. Let the game play out to the end or find an elimination path. Or don't keep score.