NFL playoff picks predictions and discussion

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
I am totally worn out. This has been an amazing weekend of exciting football

Just for the record I’m still no fan of the OT rules
It was a pretty amazing weekend, and that was a crazy game. I agree with you, I think they should just play a full quarter. To have a game that hard fought on both sides, and let it come down to the flip of a coin? Especially being a playoff game.

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
My wife and I were having heart palpitations lol. Both huge Chiefs fans. This is us at a playoff game 3 years ago.

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
With prolific QBs like Mahomes and Allen, the OT rules are unfair. In the playoffs they should go back to the old rules - 15 min qtrs - otherwise give both teams a chance to possess the ball.

Buffalo made a big mistake in not making KC field the kickoff and eat up some clock.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
With prolific QBs like Mahomes and Allen, the OT rules are unfair. In the playoffs they should go back to the old rules - 15 min qtrs - otherwise give both teams a chance to possess the ball.

Buffalo made a big mistake in not making KC field the kickoff and eat up some clock.
In hindsight, it does seem that would have been the right call. But a lot could have gone wrong too. If you 'squib' it, an up man could've possibly caught it, giving them an even better starting field position. Ideally you'd like to boom it high, and have the guy catch it between the end zone and 5 or 10 yard line, but it's not always easy to nail that.

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
Who ya got?? Hopefully a better / more competitive weekend than last weekend. And it should be.

First, today's games:
Cincy at Tenn. The Titans get King Henry back, curious to see what he looks like/how much he'll be used. Fun fact: Tennesse is 4 and 0 against remaining playoff teams (SF, Chiefs, Bills, Rams). On the other hand, they also lost to Houston and the Jets. "Any given Sunday" I guess. Burrow looks to have been a brilliant pick by Cincinnati and it appears that the future is bright for the upstart Bengals, but I'm going to go with the rested, Henry-equipped Titans at home. Tennessee 30-23.

SF at GB. Trivia: what is the most common matchup in NFL history? Well, after today's game, these two teams will be tied with the current leaders, Dallas vs Rams. This will be the 9th playoff matchup between the 9ers and Packers. Another bit of trivia: Prior to year 2000, GB was undefeated at home in the playoffs. Amazing. (I heard on the radio 13 - 0, but I am only finding 12 and 0 from various sources... oh well, either way, amazing) Since then? From what I could find, looks like a very mortal 8 and 6. Lambeau isn't as mysterious as people make it out to be, at least not in this century. That said, it's hard to pick against the rested Packers with possibly the best QB in the NFL right now. And as getbent and others have pointed out... Jimmy G. I just can't see SF winning this game, it feels like the surest pick to me, though I hear a lot of experts saying this is a 'bad matchup' for Green Bay. I'll go Packers 31-23.

The Sunday matchups:
LA at TB. Another matchup of a QB you trust versus one you really can't... at least not yet (for me anyway). Can Matt Stafford come through in the clutch? Against the GOAT? On the road? Will the really good LA defense show up at Tampa, or the one that got pushed around by the Titans, SF and GB during an 0 and 3 stretch earlier in the season? Will Tom Brady finally look human, and have a clunker? Or at least a below average game? I have no trivia nuggets for this contest. But look for Jimmy G, sorry I mean Stafford, to make a critical mistake down the stretch. Bucs, 27-24.

Bills at KC. Oh man. So glad this is the last game of the weekend. I wonder if it might become an "instant classic." Josh Allen is just an amazing young QB, and Patrick Mahommes is well... Patrick Mahommes. This has all the makings of a 60+ point over... will they surprise us and put on a slugfest for us?? If KC gets knocked out, does all the talk of Mahommes winning 5 or 6 super bowls shut down, at least for a season or two? The Chefs have had an amazing run since Patrick came on the scene, but so far... only one Super Bowl W, and that one was gifted to them by Jimmy G. Last year they got destroyed. Can the Bills win this game on the road, in that crazy Arrowhead environment? I'm going out on a limb, and going with one road team. Josh Allen plays mostly mistake free, runs for 40+ yards, throws 4 TDs, and eeks out a playoff road win. Bills, 34-31.

Gimme your picks!
O FOR 4 BIG BOY, DON'T GO TO VEGAS WITHOUT MEAL MONEY.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Who came up with that tomahawk chop and song first, the Chiefs or the Atlanta Braves?
For the record, and to answer your question, it was the Florida State Seminoles. They had a multi-sport player named Deion Sanders, who went on to become the only pro athlete to ever hit a home run and score a touchdown on the same day.

When Prime Time Neon Deion was playing baseball with the Atlanta Braves, he taught the Tomahawk Song with its arm dance to the Braves fans.

Or so I have read. Anyway, there's your answer.

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Capture.JPG

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Bills at KC. Oh man. So glad this is the last game of the weekend. I wonder if it might become an "instant classic." Josh Allen is just an amazing young QB, and Patrick Mahommes is well... Patrick Mahommes. This has all the makings of a 60+ point over... will they surprise us and put on a slugfest for us?? If KC gets knocked out, does all the talk of Mahommes winning 5 or 6 super bowls shut down, at least for a season or two? The Chefs have had an amazing run since Patrick came on the scene, but so far... only one Super Bowl W, and that one was gifted to them by Jimmy G. Last year they got destroyed. Can the Bills win this game on the road, in that crazy Arrowhead environment? I'm going out on a limb, and going with one road team. Josh Allen plays mostly mistake free, runs for 40+ yards, throws 4 TDs, and eeks out a playoff road win. Bills, 34-31.

Gimme your picks!
The Bills @ KC game was probably the BEST playoff football game in HISTORY. Both teams were exceptional...they will be talking about this game way beyond my lifetime. I was not vested, or invested, in either team as my expectations for the Super Bowl ended with the Buc's defeat earlier in the afternoon.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's

KC won the OT coin toss and elected to receive.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

That game was so good I wanted there to be a '2 out of 3 games'- series. Just did not want it to end!

I do wish the Bills could have had a chance to score in OT- but those are the rules... but technically they did, had their defense stopped KC's drive.
My son (we live with him) said
" THIS GAME is the Superbowl!"