NFL playoff picks predictions and discussion

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
You want picks? I’ll give ya picks! (Trying to sound like ESPN sports personality “Stephen A“ here)

Cincy over Tennessee

SF over GB

TB over LA

Buffalo over KC

quite possibly I could go 0 for 4.

BTW, great post Colo Springs E!
I think you got it right. Congrats. Not 0 for 4, 4 for 4.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Aaron Rodgers was knocked off his throne yesterday, by a warm-weather team as it was snowing. Let's see if the Rams can do the same to Brady today! 😁

It's always sad to see a mighty warrior at the end of the road. He'll have his day again, but I can see him honing his golf game in the not too distant future.

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
While the Rams defeated the Buccs in their regular-season matchup, I do think the calculus changes with this game being played at Raymond James Stadium. At home, the Buccaneers averaged an NFL-best 409.8 yards per game and an average margin of victory of 16.1 points, which also topped the league.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
BTW, I think that GB only had 10 men on the field for the SF's winning field goal. Aikman deserves a big raise for saying before the game that special teams could define this win. GB's sucked.

Love the Pack. Thinking it was cold and they forgot to channel their inner Jerry Kramer and Fuzzy Thurston.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
BTW, I think that GB only had 10 men on the field for the SF's winning field goal. Aikman deserves a big raise for saying before the game that special teams could define this win. GB's sucked.

They probably had a 'run back' guy near the goal post.

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
They probably had a 'run back' guy near the goal post.
I don’t think that would have been a wise decision for that field goal attempt. Their only real chance was to block the kick and take it to overtime not run back either a short 45 yard field goal attempt for a TD or run back a partially blocked field goal attempt from probably the goal line for a TD, if not have to run it back from the end zone. I don’t know if the rules allow it but it seems like teams should line up 7 guys between the tackles to bull rush and try to block last second field goals. You know that the kicking team is going to kick and not try a fake since there wouldn’t be any time left if the fake comes up short of the end zone. I can’t give GB credit for their special team blunders yesterday. I would expect that coach to be fired.

BTW, if you look at the video you can see that GB had no one back to run back a short or partially blocked field goal. And you can also see that they had no rusher on the center. Looks like they wanted to go home.

Also, BTW, here is the rule for defenses lining up against field goal attempts. You can very definitely bull rush the middle of the line as long as you don’t push each other into the offensive line.

"(a) When Team A presents a punt, field-goal attempt or a Try Kick formation, a Team B player, who is within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage, must have his entire body outside the snapper's shoulder pads at the snap. (b) When Team A presents a field-goal or Try Kick formation: (1) No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap; Penalty: For illegal formation by the defense, loss of 5 yards from the previous spot. (2) Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation. Penalty: For unnecessary roughness, loss of 15 yards from the previous spot."

Edit: Can’t have a rusher directly on the snapper is all.

Last edited:

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
but mainly I just don't want KC to win.
Take that back lol. Lifelong Chiefs fan here and I'm surprised that I've heard almost nobody hate on the Chiefs. I travel a lot and always wear some of Chiefs hat. I get positive comments from everyone no matter what part of the country I'm in. My goal is for them to be so successful that they receive Patriots level hate lol.

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
Take that back lol. Lifelong Chiefs fan here and I'm surprised that I've heard almost nobody hate on the Chiefs. I travel a lot and always wear some of Chiefs hat. I get positive comments from everyone no matter what part of the country I'm in. My goal is for them to be so successful that they receive Patriots level hate lol.
Heck man, I love the Chiefs! As a dweller in Lions territory for 71 years—and I wasn’t watching football back when they were good—I love a lotta teams that my friends hate. Keeps me watching games + sane.

0SubSeanik0

Tele-Meister
Word in GB is that they want to fire the special teams coach... Packers brass are still wandering around the 49ers 10 yard line looking for him.