NFL playoff picks predictions and discussion

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Who ya got?? Hopefully a better / more competitive weekend than last weekend. And it should be.

First, today's games:
Cincy at Tenn. The Titans get King Henry back, curious to see what he looks like/how much he'll be used. Fun fact: Tennesse is 4 and 0 against remaining playoff teams (SF, Chiefs, Bills, Rams). On the other hand, they also lost to Houston and the Jets. "Any given Sunday" I guess. Burrow looks to have been a brilliant pick by Cincinnati and it appears that the future is bright for the upstart Bengals, but I'm going to go with the rested, Henry-equipped Titans at home. Tennessee 30-23.

SF at GB. Trivia: what is the most common matchup in NFL history? Well, after today's game, these two teams will be tied with the current leaders, Dallas vs Rams. This will be the 9th playoff matchup between the 9ers and Packers. Another bit of trivia: Prior to year 2000, GB was undefeated at home in the playoffs. Amazing. (I heard on the radio 13 - 0, but I am only finding 12 and 0 from various sources... oh well, either way, amazing) Since then? From what I could find, looks like a very mortal 8 and 6. Lambeau isn't as mysterious as people make it out to be, at least not in this century. That said, it's hard to pick against the rested Packers with possibly the best QB in the NFL right now. And as getbent and others have pointed out... Jimmy G. I just can't see SF winning this game, it feels like the surest pick to me, though I hear a lot of experts saying this is a 'bad matchup' for Green Bay. I'll go Packers 31-23.

The Sunday matchups:
LA at TB. Another matchup of a QB you trust versus one you really can't... at least not yet (for me anyway). Can Matt Stafford come through in the clutch? Against the GOAT? On the road? Will the really good LA defense show up at Tampa, or the one that got pushed around by the Titans, SF and GB during an 0 and 3 stretch earlier in the season? Will Tom Brady finally look human, and have a clunker? Or at least a below average game? I have no trivia nuggets for this contest. But look for Jimmy G, sorry I mean Stafford, to make a critical mistake down the stretch. Bucs, 27-24.

Bills at KC. Oh man. So glad this is the last game of the weekend. I wonder if it might become an "instant classic." Josh Allen is just an amazing young QB, and Patrick Mahommes is well... Patrick Mahommes. This has all the makings of a 60+ point over... will they surprise us and put on a slugfest for us?? If KC gets knocked out, does all the talk of Mahommes winning 5 or 6 super bowls shut down, at least for a season or two? The Chefs have had an amazing run since Patrick came on the scene, but so far... only one Super Bowl W, and that one was gifted to them by Jimmy G. Last year they got destroyed. Can the Bills win this game on the road, in that crazy Arrowhead environment? I'm going out on a limb, and going with one road team. Josh Allen plays mostly mistake free, runs for 40+ yards, throws 4 TDs, and eeks out a playoff road win. Bills, 34-31.

Gimme your picks!

Last edited:

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
My Chiefs lost to all 3 other teams in the regular season. I don’t see it happening again. Chiefs win the Super Bowl over whoever makes it there from the NFC. That’s not smack talk either, just confident that if they play to their potential the Chiefs are very hard to beat.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
My Chiefs lost to all 3 other teams in the regular season. I don’t see it happening again. Chiefs win the Super Bowl over whoever makes it there from the NFC. That’s not smack talk either, just confident that if they play to their potential the Chiefs are very hard to beat.
I'm hoping it's the Rams and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, playing in the Rams home stadium.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Yep. The Chiefs and the Rams in the Superbowl with the Chiefs coming out on top!
I've been a Rams fan since I was a kid, and still have the Rams helmet I used to wear when I was a child. Also live just a mile from where their former head coach Ray Malavasi lived, and used to hang out with his sons. That said, you're probably right. Mahomes is an amazing quarterback, and KC is a great team, but it would be a great game!

Attachments

• 20220122_074042.jpg
    20220122_074042.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 22

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
It’s looking like a good weekend of football. My betting friend has lived north of SF so after years of disappointment refused to bet on SF last week until I gave him more than the spread. You’d think he’d be happy with the win but is sulking & refusing again. He hates GB so is even more conflicted than usual, but he hated the Cowboys, too. I’ll force him to grow up and bet like a man! Geez…

I like your analysis Colorado Springs E.

Titans 30-27

GB 31-28

TB 28-21

Bills 35-31

Tall-Fir

Tele-Meister
So…I’m a Chargers fan. I hope the Chargers coach is watching how the Bengals are staying in the game against the Titans by kicking field goals. Field goals aren’t always a good strategy, but they sure can add up in a tight game. It’s half time, and the score is 9 to 6 Cincy. I have some melancholy because Chargers soooo blew their KC contest which eventually put them out of the playoffs because they passed on sure field goal points.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
that intercept killed them... shame that...

the Titans were getting a lot of sacks and looking stronger, but couldn't get a shot in...

winners are grinners, they say...🐯