NFL draft 2021

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Apr 30, 2021.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Any good drafts last night you like ?

I still don’t understand the trades and trade up and trade down. Also future drafts. Why wait.

I think qb’s went big as always.

Old Plank likes this.
  2. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

I watched part of it. My stupid 49ers traded their draft future for a unproven 20 year old who has only played one full season. IDIOTS! I want to cry. :)

Old Plank, dented, Rustbucket and 2 others like this.
  3. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Baltimore got 2 I hope pan out

The wide receiver is big, fast, and a good route runner

the Edger is needed to replaced Matt Judon. Gotta get to that QB better this season on defense

4. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

But he’s cute ;-)

Cali Dude and uriah1 like this.
  5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Rodgers reportedly wants out, and that's all anyone is talking about in cheeseheadland.
    You guys have no idea the stress involved with appeasing HOF QB egos generation after generation. It's a burden. :)

Old Plank, dented, Stubee and 6 others like this.
  6. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

Happy for my Falcons to get Kyle Pitts at 4. Justin Fields or Mac Jones was tempting, but Matt Ryan is still an above average starting QB and the prospect of a generational TE talent being used in Arthur Smith's TE heavy offensive schemes was too good to pass up. The obvious pick is usually the correct pick.

wacolo, Old Plank, BB and 3 others like this.
  7. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

some unexpected things happened last night...that makes it great or not great depending on what your teams does

eagles got wide receiver devonta smith...great prospect

bills got an edge rusher greg rousseau...another great prospect

eagles have the 5th pick in the second round...if he is there they may pick up asante samuel jr who plays cb

NateD81, Cali Dude and uriah1 like this.
  8. Brad Pittiful

the trade up and down is strategic...jump ahead of a team in your division...thats what the eagles did to the giants

how i saw it play out...a couple corner backs that dallas wanted were not there...the eagles saw a chance to move ahead as the giants may have picked devonta smith wide receiver as they did take a receiver in the next pick...so it was the right move the eagles had to make to get smith...future picks are just that...picks for later rounds in this years draft or the next year even the year after that

Cali Dude and uriah1 like this.
  9. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I think the Cincinnati Bengals continue to show that they are a terribly run franchise by not taking an offensive lineman. I know the receiver they got is considered the best prospect in the draft but he’s gonna have the 5th string quarterback throwing it to him.

I like that the Patriots didn’t trade up and still got the quarterback they wanted at 15.

My beloved Colts got one of the top defensive ends available, which is a need.

My philosophy on draft experts (I’m not one, but I’m as close as you’ll get in this house) is that they will all get some right and most wrong. So it goes.

10. Lance Morgan

Lance Morgan Tele-Meister

Cowboys got the best college LB. Runs 4.3. He could be a great one, and Dallas needs defense badly. Now to get CB, DT, S, OL, TE. To name a few.

Lawdawg, BB, Cali Dude and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Agreed, the Bengals gave up so many sacks last year, their qb got knocked out for the season. They really should have taken a left tackle.

uriah1 likes this.
  12. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

The Niners blew it. No way. Lance may end up OK but FCS Missouri Valley Conference is basically a half step above 6A high school. Sorry, haters, but it is.

The bears got a steal and will be in the playoffs as a result.

Even though I wanted the next QB I am happy with my Falcons taking Pitts. He’ll be great. Matt Ryan has artificially high stats because he only throws short passes to the same 2 guys on the same routes every play. Having a good pair of TE may be just what they need on O.

I feel bad for Texans fans. The McNairs hate their fans. And they make strategic decisions to disable their team.

Cali Dude and Old Plank like this.
  13. Killing Floor

Not a Pats fan but yeah, BB knows what’s up and New England will win a Lombardi with Mac Jones within 3 years.

Bluesboy3, uriah1 and BB like this.
  14. aFewGoodTaters

aFewGoodTaters Tele-Meister

MN Gophers fan here...Rashod Batemen is a stud wideout and a good kid by all accounts. You guys landed a good player.

uriah1 and BB like this.
  15. Killing Floor

I don’t hate Ryan. I’m not that guy. But if you look at the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses, I don’t think we lose because of him and I don’t think we will win because of him. He’s a great quick pocket passer and has the best receivers in the league. But he won’t carry the game on his shoulders, he doesn’t make it his business to finish the game like a Mahomes or a Brady or Brees. That’s why I wanted a QB. Because Ryan will get us to .500 but he’ll never get us back to the conference playoffs. His strength is fast release, 10 yards, high completion. His weakness is he’d rather throw out of bounds on 3rd and 1 than step to the hole the D line is making for him. He follows plays to the letter but when the play falls apart so does he. 6 of our 12 losses in 2020 are on his back. So a future great TE is a valuable tool but won’t get us to postseason. My opinion based on his last 50 games.

uriah1 likes this.
  16. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

The Seahawks got Jamal Adams! Killer player. Lance is a stud and WILL be a star.

getbent likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The negotiators keep having to pack and unpack their step ladders and grandmothers. They put their grandmother on top of the ladder, then climb up on her shoulders and smooch their fannies just to get their attention.

18. Flaneur

Flaneur Poster Extraordinaire

Bears move was the highlight. Browns added a good, fragile CB, to their fragile CB roster......;)

I never understand teams who draft a QB, then fail to protect him. Getting him 'weapons', which he can't use, because he's in hospital.
    (The Tim Couch debacle, is still burned into my memory.):(

Cali Dude, Chester P Squier and BB like this.
  19. Brad Pittiful

i listen to a sports radio program and one of the guys on the show was a former full back for the raiders and eagles,...jon ritchie...he was involved with a football camp as a running backs coach

this one year parsons was there...he kept leaving the lb area to go to the rb area...he said i want to be a running back...ritchie said you cant go back to the lb guys...long story short...he had to keep chasing the kid back to where he was supposed to be...very entitled attitude...ritchie said he has had no contact with parsons since...he hopes he matured...but if not...whoever gets him will have problems

20. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I’m not a pro football fan.
    We are an LSU family and I am a SEC football fan.
    Jamar Chase will be joining Joe Burrow at Cincinnati.
    We watched them do some awesome things together year before last.
    I’ll watch the Bengals this season.
    Hopefully Burrow is all healthy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.