NFL division round.... wow!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Jan 12, 2020.

1. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That was a big surprise. I was hoping for a 49ers - Ravens superbowl. But the Ravens showed up too full of themselves, made mistakes, overconfidently tried 4th and 1 up the center in their own end of the field early in the game when they didn't need to. Tried other Jackson run dismal attempts. Titans defense dominated. Ravens did other things that a well coached team would not do. They made a lot of mistakes.. Jackson was inaccurate as heck and threw passes that should never have been thrown.. As I said in an earlier NFL thread here on TDPRI, Jackson's time playing college style QB is limited. You cant run like he does in the NFL and survive for long. Hell even stocky big running backs wear out. He's skinny and tall. He'll gonna get broken soon.
    Both the Titans and Ravens are teams super reliant on one person. Either Henry's there or the Titans go nowhere, Either Lamar Jackson is running or the Ravens go nowhere. Both have good defenses though. But those two people got them where they are.
    I'm liking the Titans though!

My Seahawks could beat GB but I doubt it. It appears it will be a snow bowl again. Neither of these teams will go all the way I don't think. But on any given day a team could pull a "Titan" I suppose!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

I think the Ravens already decided they were Super Bowl champs and figured it would just get handed to them. They didn't expect Tennessee to run the ball down their throats.

Also, I think we need to show some love for the Tennessee defense. Lamar Jackson was the best regular season QB this year, and they shut him down cold. 500 yards passing doesn't mean anything if there's only 12 points to show for it.

schmee and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Bad day for teams in purple yesterday. My Vikings did what they always do. Lose. Badly.
    Happy as hell for the Titans, though. I didn't see that butt whoopin coming.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jackson is a master at taking advantage of QB protection rules, one day he'll make a serious mistake, and he'll be done. He can't get away with rubbing defense teams noses in it forever. I was shocked that the Titans won as easily as they did, but the Ravens gave them a helping hand, no doubt about it.

stnmtthw and schmee like this.
  5. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Henry alone stomped on the Ravens, like he did on the Patriots. Didn't expect that. Had him
    on my fantasy team and he was up and down.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Nice job by the Titans. A great power running game and effective defense is a winner. Ravens took those building blocks to a Super Bowl trophy in 2000. Titans can do the same this year.

7. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Why did the Ravens go for two when it was 28-12?

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

so happy for Vrabel and his Tenn team! What a great performance. The 49ers D has returned with Tartt, and Kwon and Dee. It was good to see them shut the run down completely which they will need to do if they see the Titans later. the games today should be battles... I was sorry to see the Ravens get completely out schemed yesterday... the really great coordinators save back elements to add and shift as the season goes on... that didn't happen for the Ravens yesterday and their guys could not catch the ball...

today should be awesome.

BB, Colo Springs E and Stubee like this.
  9. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I don't know about the Ravens being over confident, as a fan I didn't see that but who knows. I thought they would get by but probably not win a Super Bowl. I'm still pissed that they played so badly and made bad decisions, not to take anything away from the Titans at all, it was clear from the onset they had knew exactly what to do. My hat is off to them. No matter what I'm sure glad the Patriots aren't around.

getbent likes this.
  10. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

Everything went the Titans way yesterday. 9 times out of 10 the Ravens would win that game at home. Glad to see Tannehill doing well.

KC and Seattle are my faves to win today.

11. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

There's quite a few "why did the Ravens...?" questions I have for the coaches and players.

getbent, Bluesboy3 and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

Ravens abandoned their game plan way too early - they panicked once behind by two scores. Jackson throwing 59 times played right into the Titans defensive strength. The Ravens should have stuck to what got them there. Looks like a KC-SF Superbowl to me.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  13. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Exactly. I actually wasn't all that worried at that point. Lot's of time to stay with the game plan.....

14. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Lots of good memes floating around town right now. I think this is my favorite so far.

44255581-E82A-4656-BBBB-477355AF22CF.jpeg

15. TheGoodTexan

The thing I noticed about the Ravens last night, and Jackson in particular, was that they got mad after making a mistake. And not mad, like, “fighting mad”... but mad like “pouting mad”. After a Jackson turnover, he’d go pout on the sideline and cuss and such.

The great football players always find a way to win, even when they’re down... especially when they’re down. They show some frustration, and then they regroup and get to work. The Raven never figured that out last night.

Stubee likes this.
  16. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Their hope was to get two more TD's. 14 + 14 = 28 for a tie. On one of them they needed a 2 point to tie. I think it's another bad coaching decision. I wouldn't have tried it there, another momentum loss after missing two 4th and ones and after having to kick 2 field goals when they should have made TD's.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

oh, I dunno. I can think of MANY times that Tom Brady has come completely unglued and 'pouted' and screamed etc.. same for Peyton Manning, I could dig up video REALLY easily.

Lamar is a great team guy and unlike the GOAT, he is well known for owning his mistakes... he had a bad night.. he is 23 years old... Vrabel had his team prepped and ready and they got ahead... Harbaugh and Roman will learn a lot from this game as will Lamar Jackson.

stnmtthw, Stubee and dburns like this.
  18. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Holy moly! Texans score twice within 5 minutes! Shock Chiefs!

BB likes this.
  19. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

What the hey is going on in KC?

14-0 Houston right now.

20. TheGoodTexan

I’m just saying what I saw in the game last night. He was unable to turn his frustration into positive results on the field. He just got more and more frustrated and less and less productive.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.