NFL division round.... wow!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

For those who are fans, I think a lot of us believed the Titans could hang with Bmore. But man.... didn't expect that. Is anyone gonna be able to stop D Henry??

I expected SF to punch Minn in their grill, and that's exactly what happened.

The KC/Texans game seemed the 'surest thing' to me this weekend (KC), but who knows??

I would give Seattle a chance against GB because the Packers have looked about as average as any 13-3 team in history... but the Seahawks are a mash unit at this point, so I don't give them much of a chance.

BB, -PickupTruck- and Stubee like this.
  2. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

As a Chiefs fan the Titans are now my second favorite team. If we can get past Houston today it's gonna put the AFC Championship in KC for the second straight year. Hopefully a better outcome this time. Henry's gotta run out of gas sometime right? RIGHT????

maggieo and -PickupTruck- like this.
  3. tarheelbob

tarheelbob Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I didn't think the Titans had a chance in heck to hang with the Ravens. A 9-7 team against the #1 seed, 14-2 team? At home? No way, right?

The Titans really showed me something. Congratulations. Never saw that one coming.

- Bob

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

before the ravens/titans game i thought...it be funny if the titans shut down the ravens...and they did

Straydogger and BB like this.
  5. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire

Last night’s game was unexpected but absolutely awesome to see.

I typically route for the underdogs when AZ isn’t involved, except I can’t do that with Seattle tonight. I will never root for a Pete Carroll team (NFL or NCAA).

Georox, rad1, fendertx and 2 others like this.
  6. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The Titans were great and did their homework well. Henry is amazing. When the early points started I knew we were in for a rough time. It was a very hard game to watch since the Titans were beating the Ravens and the Ravens were also beating the Ravens. At home after a dream regular season too. Congrats to the Titans from a bummed Ravens fan.

brbadg, BB, Rustbucket and 1 other person like this.
  7. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Titans brought their A game amp and played well. I agree with the above though that the Ravens also beat the Ravens.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Like watching a truck with a load of gasoline drive around the barriers and ALMOST beat the train. I did not expect the Titans to beat the Ravens. They didn't even need the officials to do it either.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    brbadg and Apache Snow like this.
  9. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

As a Miami fan I've been happy to see Tannehill doing well. With all the head coaching, offensive coordinator turnover and all the other chaos there he just never really got a chance to get into a groove there. Not to mention having to run for his life every week.

So yeah, I'd love to see them get the big hardware at the end of the season. But I'm not counting on it

brbadg, BB, Rustbucket and 1 other person like this.
  10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

I watched the first game. Minnesota vs. San Fran. Honestly...I thought it was pretty boring. I fell asleep on the second game since I’d been up since 4am, but was glad to see Baltimore lost!

11. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

When I looked at the possibilities for this weekend's games I thought that the only sure thing was that the Ravens would win. I could believe any other outcome. I was shocked for sure but will say that was an entertaining game. Does the Derrick Henry success mean that pro football will revert back to a 1940s style of play? Everyone was willing to anoint Lamar as the prototype future football player. We see now that guys like Henry are game strategies that keep the ball away from offenses and can propel a team through the play-offs. There is more than a little Bill Belichick in Mike Vrable for sure.

12. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I don't usually watch football...but when I do, it is the Titans.

BB likes this.
  13. -PickupTruck-

-PickupTruck- Tele-Meister

I thought Baltimore was a lock to win the Superbowl this year. Totally surprised.

Straydogger, brbadg and Toto'sDad like this.
  14. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

That’s kinda how I saw & see it. I did think the Ravens were gonna get to the conference championship and gained respect for the Titans after last week’s game but sure didn’t expect the shellacking they delivered last night. I figured the Vikings would rattle Garoppolo far more than they did but lose no matter what.

I think the Chiefs are more vulnerable than that huge spread indicates, and though I’m a fan I could see the Packers beaten tonight. Crazy season.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

good on mike and the titans

16. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'm currently in Nashville right now. Lot of football spirit going on here now.

Was pretty surprised when they won so convincingly.

TheGoodTexan and Toto'sDad like this.
  17. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

San Fran was unbelievable. The complete butt whipping they gave the Viks was a scary thing to watch for any tam that will face them. If the Titans win out, it will be awesome to see how Henry fairs against that monster D. 49'rs won by 17, but it could have been 47 for how thoroughly they dominated.

D Henry was a joy to watch yesterday. Tannehill has really come into his own and that first TD pass was a thing of beauty. I knew it would be a good game, just thought the Ravens would be too much for them. Ravens looked flat and a step slow.... Titans looked like.... well, Titans.

Texans/Chiefs should be a very good game too. Those two QB's are special. However, I'm really looking forward to Seattle/Green Bay. Everyone seems to think Rogers is a shadow of his former self....BS! The man is still as deadly as it gets and he scares the bejeebers out of me. Seattle is the walking wounded, but the thing I like about them is they don't care. The' next man up' mantra you hear so freely whipped about these days really means something to the Seahawks. Wilson is an all time great in my book and I'm looking forward to some big time plays. Go Hawks!

Stubee and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

That pretty much sums it up. At the beginning of the year we had some grate games! Lately it's like, you know what, lets have fate just toss a coin, and give the game to whoever wins the coin toss.

Stubee likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Since I live in California, I was pulling for the 9ers yesterday, but for some reason every time they win a game, I think whoa, how did they do that? When they coughed up the ball just before halftime yesterday, I thought okay, they're getting ready to crap their drawers. I was pleasantly surprised to see them come back and win though. Even when they win decisively though as they did yesterday, I always feel like they just barely did.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Stubee likes this.
  20. Toto'sDad

Only explanation is the Titans somehow entered an alternate universe, and sucked the rest of right into it! Even the Ravens!

SPUDCASTER likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.