NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chet again, Sep 1, 2019.

1. chet again

chet again Tele-Holic

I'm thinking of getting the NFL package on Directv because the only team I really wanna watch is the NY Giants. It's kinda pricey but compared to actual ticket prices it's not bad. Anyone else getting the NFL tv packages?

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  2. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Holic

You can stream most games for free if you are somewhat computer savvy and the quality is usually pretty good.

DrASATele, TheGoodTexan and dented like this.
  3. chet again

chet again Tele-Holic

How?

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

you want to pay to watch some bad football by the giants...well at least you get to see the eagles twice which could be some great football even though the giants will be on the field ;)

5. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I bleed Giant blue - but I don't see them doing any better than 7-9 this season. Saquan Barkley can't make up for 8 bad draft years. However, I do see two of those wins coming against the Eagles ;)

scrapyardblue and dented like this.
  6. Intubator

Intubator Tele-Meister

Bawlmer, MD- Home of the "Mayor Shuffle"...
    Look into YouTube TV, they have great sports programming. Not sure, but I think the NFL Channel is part of it.

stevemc likes this.
  7. Brad Pittiful

:lol:

NateD81 likes this.
  8. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Holic

Nope - I suggest you save your money and buy gear - GAS at least you have something at the end of the year.

Spoiler Alert: Tom Brady wins again, but in 10 years he's got a nurse feeding him through a straw.

scrimmer and DrASATele like this.
  9. Brad Pittiful

i think the pats will contend but wont make it this year...mahomes is coming on strong

10. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

If you explain this you should do it in private. Not all people have the protective software and items to do this well. It can ruin computers attempting this without the savvy. There are other ramifications also.

jrblue likes this.
  11. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a Giants fan true and blue. Sad lately. lol. But I bought seat licenses for the new LA stadium and I have season seats for the Chargers. I'm not a Chargers fan but I am a fan of the good investment.

12. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

We had the NFL package when I subscribed to Directv. But switched to cable, where it's not available. We've opted for NFL redzone. Our kids come by to watch football and love the constant updating of redzone. It took me a while to adjust to the stations format. But it does keep me informed which I enjoy; while being in contests of picking games vs spread and draftkings fantasy.

13. broadcaster

broadcaster Tele-Afflicted

Mildly optimistic Packer fan here hoping the new coaching staff will eventually create a top 5 defense to go along with number 12's offense.

Bears will win the opener thursday.

14. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Yep I totally agree. Seen this same movie many times before. He thinks he's invincible just like Muhammed Ali RIP.
    I'm willing to bet Brady ends up a complete half-wit in a chronic care facility plus he's already showing signs of "the lobotomy look."

OldDude2 likes this.
  15. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

The last time the Browns won their Division, it was still called the AFC Central.

As always, I remain hopeful. This year, there is talent, for a change.

:rolleyes::cool::)

16. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Holic

I was envious of ol Tom and thought he should just retire and make babies, but evidently he's not that attracted to Giselle :confused:

17. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

As a Cowboys fan, I got stuck in Louisville, KY last season with no NFL package.

For every-single-game... without exception.. I just went to Google, typed in “love stream Cowboys game” and found it live streaming in HD. I would guess 80% of the time it was on a free YouTube channel. Other times it was on an ESPN variant, or other national outlet.

No savvy-ness necessary.

I just plugged my laptop to my TB with an HDMI cable, and dragged the browser frame over as a second display.

Simple.

18. Chris4189

Chris4189 TDPRI Member

As a Steelers fan located in the northern part of Virginia the NFL package is the only way for me to catch every Steelers game. If not, I’m stuck with the Redskins or Ravens every Sunday.

I’ve tried the google thing a couple of times and I’ve never had any luck. Th

The Sunday ticket is pricey but once you get it, you can watch on your phone, tablet or lap top which is really nice if you travel for work etc

19. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I dunno, the whole Brady offense seems to start by design with not letting him get touched. Sure he has gotten some bad hits, but every time I watch a Tom Brady snap he either gets the ball out quick, or the line is good enough to protect him longer, or he just sits on his ass to avoid the hit. I think that's a pretty smart system for a team that has one of the best QBs who wants to play into his 40s. I think the Steelers would like to employ the same strategy for their QB; the only problem is Ben doesn't like to give up the sack so easily.

Besides, he's such a superstar now that DBs are sometimes apparently AFRAID to tackle him!

This is just my bitter outsider's perspective though :D

20. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Geez. :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.