NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Just having some fun nitpicking here, but for the record, all of the Hollywood Eagles "fans" can beat it as far as I'm concerned. Kevin Hart, Bradley Cooper, Will Smith etc...beat it. Mike Trout is the only guy there week in and week out, so I/we don't want to see the rest of them right now.

This is for all of us who had to listen to Cowboy fans in our backyard, Steeler and Giant fans in our backyard rubbing it in for years that the Birds' trophy case is practically empty. This is for losing the Fog Bowl, and watching all the very good teams with Randall, Reggie, Dawkins and Westbrook come close but not get over the top. I'm sure most on here think it's silly to care this much about a pro sports team or a "game"...perhaps it is, but that's the way it is here and most of the Northeast corridor, but Philly especially. We needed this bad and finally got it.

Also, massive celebration here last night into the morning but no reports of anything too over the top...as far as I know yet. Just waiting on news of the parade.

hellopike, Nubs and uriah1 like this.
  2. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Meme time
    1517844402747.png

hellopike likes this.
  3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Oops
    [​IMG]

4. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Amazing, amazing game. So glad the Eagles pulled off a win. That 4th quarter strip/sack of Brady by Graham was a thing of beauty - a wonderful defensive highlight to a game that was defensively unremarkable overall. After that I had this confident feeling, thinking "All they need is to run it and a FG now and prevent the tie!" and fortunately they didn't try any risky throws to the end zone.

As a Steelers fan I liked that James Harrison had a great game, but also as a Steelers fan I liked watching him brush confetti off his jersey on his way to the locker room.

Stringbanger likes this.
  5. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

You and me both man! That parade is gonna be something else! What an excellent game! I didn't sit down the whole game, especially near the end. I was too busy jumping around and hollering. Then after they won, I went outside & shouted. I was the only one out there :(

Great game & great season!! It won't be forgotten soon!

Stringbanger and hellopike like this.
  6. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

If Nick Foles was the B squad 2nd string backup QB the Patriots can be thankful that the Eagles #1 didn't show up .

Stringbanger and Nubs like this.
  7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I didn't watch live but DVR'd. After watching it's really obvious that the two best teams were matched up this year. It was win/win for me...if Pat's won then it was another example of a historically superb team that was disciplined and committed to a dynasty...if the Eagles won, it would be a disciplined and focused team dedicated to winning in spite of setbacks.

As I predicted...the best team won.

The thing that confused me was why Ertz's catch was looked at so hard. Wasn't it obvious he was a runner? There was Pat's touchdown reception that looked way more iffy and the ball seemed to move as his second foot hit the line...

Congrats Eagles!

Stringbanger and raysachs like this.
  8. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Bill and I agree on the best course of action after last night's loss...

Belichick.jpg

Picton likes this.
  9. a_pidgeon

a_pidgeon Tele-Meister

Cowboys fan here. Happy for the Eagles right now, they played a great game and earned the win. I'll go back to hating them later.

The trick play pass to Foles for the touchdown is right up there with the Saints opening the second half with an onside kick as one of my favorite Superbowl play calls of all time.

10. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans! Now they also know what it feels like to win the SuperBowl.

What a shoot out with both teams racking up yardage. Would have been good to have Julian Edelman
    and Malcolm Butler but maybe it was meant to be as is.

Tele1966, Stringbanger and tery like this.
  11. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

12. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I’ll see your Butler and Edelman and raise you a Wentz (probably league MVP I’d he stays healthy), Peters (HOF left tackle), Hicks (QB of the defense), and Sproles.

dburns likes this.
  13. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's

Amen.

14. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

WOW!!! The better team showed up to win! Now, the bigger question, who will be the Eagles starting QB next season? The Super Bowl MVP, or Carson Wentz? Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Tele1966 and Rustbucket like this.
  15. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

100% wentz...foles has value now...he may not be on the team next year...i would like to see him back as wentz may not be ready to start the season

raysachs, Stringbanger and dburns like this.
  16. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

nick foles at disney world!

Stringbanger likes this.
  17. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

We're Pats fans, watched it with our PA friends who are Eagles fans. It was, as expected, a dogfight to the end. Well, if we had to lose, at least happy to see the Eagles win it, and end their Super Bowl drought, we went through that for 100 years with the Red Sox. Our friends were happy, but didn't gloat, and we were gracious in defeat. I kept telling them it's only a game...and it is. Belichick blew it with his decision to bench Butler, dumb dumb dumb.

Stubee likes this.
  18. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you watched it together, it’s really much better that the Eagles won. Because if the Pats had won, if you’re really Pats fans, you would have gloated, and if your friends are really Eagles fans, they would NOT have been gracious in defeat! ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.