NFD (New Furniture Day)

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My 33-year-old furniture is on the trailer, and the new stuff is in the family room. It better not take 33 years to break in my new cushions (I don't have the time). The guitars aren't staged; that's the way it routinely looks, although the instruments change depending on what I'm writing or learning.

IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Looks good man! We landed a sectional a while back, one we'd been looking for for years, and just lucked out and found it one day! What was even better was that it was 65% off from the MSRP! Super dealio!

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
Looks good. My wife wants some white leather furniture for our living room but it just hasn’t made the top of the priority list yet.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Furniture is such a hard topic in our house. My wife likes soft and squishy, I like firm and supportive. We like a center console for remotes and drinks. She wants the unit to rock and recline, and I only want recline (rock and recline wears too fast, especially since my son and I are larger framed guys).

Then comes color / pattern / looks. We lean a bit more modern, using warm colors. Overstuffed does not work for us. While the electric recliners tend to last longer or be more sturdy, OMG are they annoying and slow. Who plugs in a couch? Light colors probably don't work for us - we eat on our couch, and neither one of us are as neat as we should be. This is an "us" issue, I get that.

Now that I eliminated 99% of inventory...

Those off-white units do look nice. Great choice.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Now that I eliminated 99% of inventory...

Those off-white units do look nice. Great choice.

I swear we've been looking for 5 years. It had to be as good as the old stuff (Flexsteel) . . . it had to be extremally dirt resistant and cleanable (since we plan to keep it till we die) . . . off-white works because the grandkids are high school/college. The recliner motors are fast and it has lumbar support. The USB ports are even a nice-to-have.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I swear we've been looking for 5 years. It had to be as good as the old stuff (Flexsteel) . . . it had to be extremally dirt resistant and cleanable (since we plan to keep it till we die) . . . off-white works because the grandkids are high school/college. The recliner motors are fast and it has lumbar support. The USB ports are even a nice-to-have.

USB ports? Swoon!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

Yep, same here. We had to have specifics with the sectional that we wanted and, because of the price of the things, it simply had to be what we wanted... but we didn't want to pay a huge price either LOL!!! We couldn't believe our eyes when, on a rainy day 2 months ago, we decided to go to some furniture shops for the heck of it... and there it was! The sectional of our dreams! LOL!!! And it was at a price we simply couldn't afford to pass up. It's very hard to find the right couch for the right money, especially these days. We looked for probably 5 years too...