Newest mini board

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bigben55, Nov 12, 2019.

1. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

I'm at the point where I know what I NEED. I need the following: reverb, tremolo, delay, 2 levels of overdrive, and something "swirly," and a wah. And nothing else. Reverb and tremolo can come from the amp or pedals.At one time I had a 13 pedal board, most of which either got used for one or two tunes, or not at all, so I pared it down to only the essentials. This new mini board is for a Valvetrain Saratoga amp, that I'll mostly be playing a Les Paul thru. I just got the last piece, the Supa Trem Jr. I'm using a One Spot with zero issues, but will still eventually get a Cioks Adam or DC5. My Wilson wah is not pictured. The only thing that might change is the overdrive. My trusty 1998 FD2 sounds great but in about 7 months, my name will be up on the King of Tone waiting list, and I'll be ordering. That FD2 has been my #1 OD for 21 years, so we'll see if the KOT can do what many have failed at....kicking it off the board. 20191112_151325.jpg

2. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

That's my idea of a mini board. Full sized pedals with all connections on the rear.

richiek65 likes this.
  3. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Looks good! I'd love to downsize to a mini-board like that.
    If you don't mind sharing, what kind of power supply are you using (and where is it hiding)?

4. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

Right now, I'm just running a One Spot with a daisy chain cable. It works, and I have no noise issues. But like I said, I'll eventually get another Cioks Adam power supply. I have another mini board with different pedals for a different amp and the Adam mounts perfectly under these boards. That one has a Strymon Flint, so I HAVE to have a power supply. I have found, One Spots get the job done BUT, some venues have creppy power. What's noise free st home may not be a Bob's Country Bunker, so they're still the way to go. But for now, it can wait.

5. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

I've never tried a Fulldrive.
    Can you just use boost or overdrive or does the boost only boost the overdrive?

6. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

There are many variations of the Fulldrive 2. They are all good, I've 8wned and tried most of them. The one I use is a 1998 pre flat mids, push pull comp cut on the vol knob, and IMO these are the best sounding ones ever. On mine, the boost is not independent. On some newer models, it is. And now they make a single sized no boost version of my particular one. Lots to research.

Lef T likes this.
  7. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

Heres a pic of the undersides of both my mini boards. 20191113_123116.jpg

McGlamRock likes this.
  8. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I don't have pics, but if that's a "mini board" then mine is a micro-board:

EHX Soul Food, Boss TR-2 Tremolo, Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay, MXR 6-band EQ. All powered by a Volto so no power connection needed. There is space to add one or two more pedals but it's hard to see much point when I'm just playing either 50s rock or country-rock. At some point I will go MFX and be done with all this silliness anyhow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.