Newbie from Long Island

HunterBennett

TDPRI Member
Hey, I figured I would introduce myself here. This site has come up many times in my google quests but just recently decided to join. I have yet to own a telecaster but I am obsessed with them and cannot wait to own my first. I was considering a warmoth body and neck so I can make exactly what I want, plus I want to do the finish work myself. Im really leaning towards a surf green body with cream guard with a roasted maple neck, think it would be a charmer. I just launched my guitar finishing business earlier this year, Hunter Bennett Paintworks, just doing it pt for now, but very rewarding for me. I am 35 years old, started playing when I was 12 but the past 6 years have been pretty scarce on the playing as we were starting a family and renovating our home. My short term goal is to start fitting in some time to practice because it has been a love of mine for more than half of my lifetime and I just love playing.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Hey, I figured I would introduce myself here. This site has come up many times in my google quests but just recently decided to join. I have yet to own a telecaster but I am obsessed with them and cannot wait to own my first. I was considering a warmoth body and neck so I can make exactly what I want, plus I want to do the finish work myself. Im really leaning towards a surf green body with cream guard with a roasted maple neck, think it would be a charmer. I just launched my guitar finishing business earlier this year, Hunter Bennett Paintworks, just doing it pt for now, but very rewarding for me. I am 35 years old, started playing when I was 12 but the past 6 years have been pretty scarce on the playing as we were starting a family and renovating our home. My short term goal is to start fitting in some time to practice because it has been a love of mine for more than half of my lifetime and I just love playing.
sounds a lot like much of my story awhile back..welcome..it's a very good site.. people here are helpful and quite knowledgeable.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to TDPRI. Along with being Telecaster experts I think we've got some of the best guitar and amp builders available for online advice. I write music, play guitar and synth keyboards, research and collect guitars, amps and effect pedals which makes me pretty useless to anyone except myself but ..... there is a treasure trove of information available here for those in the building, customizing, etc. fields.

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Hello Hunter, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

Plenty of people here to guide you with a Tele build.

HunterBennett

TDPRI Member
Welcome to the fold! Please post guitar pics to validate your membership.

Sb

I dont own a Telecaster yet, I really hope to very soon, but this is an example of my finish work. I have some lovely telecasters on the bench, one in a surf green and another with a highly figured flame top and black limba body. Excited to post those soon!
DG virtus burst.jpg

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
Welcome
I’m 3 years into my first Telecaster and it’s 90% of what I play.