1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New York City

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by playforfun, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Meister

In Colorado are Purple Mountain Majesties; in NY are Purple Manhattan Majesties. Great shot!

As I said in a previous post in this thread, my wife and I have been there 5 times. Not once have we had a "been there done that" experience, unless it was something we really liked, e.g. a baseball game.

StrangerNY likes this.
  2. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

Man you ain't kidding! Went for the first time in 2013 and geesh... I was overwhelmed almost immediately. It truely is a city that never sleeps! And just in the short time I was there, I could tell that anything and everything can and does happen there LOL!!! It's no wonder the folks who live there are tough as nails!

8barlouie likes this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

My wife and I were in the city last month. It’s one of our favorite places to go in the world. We especially love Manhattan, Little Italy, and central park.

Telekarster likes this.
  4. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Afflicted

Hmm bars it just moved up on the list.

5. playforfun

We are going to Little Italy tomorrow also the village. Looking forward to seeing it.

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My daughter was in the high school jazz band and their annual field trip was to NYC. My wife volunteered to chaperone. They both loved it! (I used to live in the Finger Lakes and would go to the city regularly.) You're right about being friendly. My daughter's backpack had a broken zipper on one compartment so she didn't use that one and people pointed out it was open over and over again. Friendly but crowded, to our point of view.

playforfun likes this.
  7. playforfun

I’m kinda mixed up and not sure where I came from lol. I did see it flying in.

as5431 likes this.
  8. playforfun

Thanks

9. playforfun

Yep mask everywhere

10. playforfun

True

11. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Never been to MOMA.
    I missed Steve Earle by 10 minutes last time I stopped by Umanov which is closed.

12. playforfun

A few pictures from Coney Island 16DE5EBF-F74A-402C-BF6E-3F5DDDAE1261.jpeg 1B735CCB-41DC-4971-8F8D-D6C338BED0E6.png 91C83E0B-6C12-437E-A466-24BA093669E5.jpeg 16DE5EBF-F74A-402C-BF6E-3F5DDDAE1261.jpeg 1B735CCB-41DC-4971-8F8D-D6C338BED0E6.png 91C83E0B-6C12-437E-A466-24BA093669E5.jpeg

13. playforfun

Not yet or the Met

uriah1 likes this.
  14. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

I've been twice! Once in the summer of 2001 as a 14 year old, and again in 2003.
    In 2001 we went to the Empire State Building instead of the WTC, now I wish we had taken the opportunity to go to the top of the WTC.

I haven't been back to the American continent since, but my wife (who has never left Europe) really wants to visit NYC some day.

15. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

If you're still there, DO NOT LEAVE until you've had a Nathan's hot dog.

16. PARCO

PARCO Tele-Meister

My daughter lives in New York and every time I go there, for the first few days I can't believe that people live like that every day. After a few days I start getting into the flow and I begin to really enjoy myself. I haven't been in over a year. I'm looking forward to when I can go again.

playforfun likes this.
  17. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Tele-Meister

I'm from Chicago and lived in NYC for about 8 years. NYC is much more impressive, IMO.

NYC is probably my favorite city that I've ever been to, although London was pretty great as well. That was my first and only time overseas, however, which probably had something to do with it.

playforfun likes this.
  18. PastorJay

PastorJay Friend of Leo's

Have a great time.

I'll admit that the first time I was in Manhattan i hated it.

Since then all three of my kids have lived in NYC. My oldest lived in Brooklyn for a while, then moved back to California.

My other two are still there, living in Manhattan. I'm hoping to get to go see them in the fall.

19. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Nice to see so much NYC love on here. I'm sitting in a deserted building in Manhattan right now looking over at the Chrysler building. If it were less expensive to live in the city (or I made a lot more!) I would feel so differently about it. For a visitor it's unique for sure.

modavis99 likes this.
  20. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I am and, although they entered through the port of New Orleans, I took my daughter there to see what immigrants braved. Imagine putting everything you own in a trunk and arriving in a foreign land alone and unable to speak the language.
    As for NYC, it’s the greatest city in the world, a true melting pot of humanity. I wish had the vision and audacity to move there when I finished college and just live there for a few years to take in the varied cultures, arts, food, society, etc.

StrangerNY and as5431 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.