Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Dec 29, 2020.
For 2021.... Keep positive - Stay negative
Even though you didn't ask, I have a possible solution to both of your goals: yoga class.
I'm 68 and have been married to the same woman since 1974. We started going to an "underground" socially-distanced yoga class in a warehouse about four months ago, having never practiced yoga previously. We go for an hour twice a week with eight or ten friends. My wife and I wear masks. Yoga is a wonderful thing for maintaining the body.
With yoga, my posture has improved. I have noticed that the women in the class, mostly in middle age, are pleasant and fit, which are just the kind of people I like to be around. They run the full spectrum politically.
Whenever it is possible, attend a yoga class. Improve your posture. Don't be a creep. One of those body-positive women will ask you out.
My resolution is to stop procrastinating in the new year. I still have not decided if I met last years resolution yet though.
I plan to play more, enjoy more and do what I can better. Best I have.
I appreciate the advice. Two birds with one stone.
I resolve to not make resolutions.
Two words: Travis picking.
I am going to be getting officially engaged on new years eve, so I almost feel like adding further goals/promises for 2021 is a bit superfluous. However... I will aim to be less chubby, play more guitar, sing more and generally be more awesome.
As ever, no resolutions, just some goals.
1. Get the 911 running
2. Land a new role (I interview Monday)
6. Find some others to play/perform with (as broader circumstances allow)
1) Stay under 180 pounds. For years, I weighed 230-270. Now that I'm old and creaky, that's just not feasible any more. Besides, I have no interest in repeating the ordeal of getting skinny over the course of this year.
2) Learn songs. I tend to improvise on stuff suggested by my study of music theory, or to steal chord progressions from standards then twist them beyond recognition, just for the fun of it. This is probably because I have been concentrating lately on jazz-related stuff. I tend hardly ever to learn new songs, and miss out on the pleasures to be found in doing so.
3) Work on finger style.
4) Get more firewood out of my own woods. I have to do something to justify buying that new tractor.
lol. Everybody's goal every year!
Waste TP in 2021.
Maybe you should resolve not to keep the resolution.
I ended up in the hospital for two operations this year and ended up in ICU both times. My New Years Resolution is to stay out of hospitals and not almost die or die.
Retirement has been hard for you! I wish you well in 2021!
Why should I change? It’s everybody else that’s the problem!
My resolution for several years now is to watch every Godzilla movie. I think I’m closing in on it.
Anarchy Club Rules
1. No Rules
2. No smoking.
1) To be living on Vancouver Island by this time next year. I've had it with long, cold prairie winters. I also still miss the ocean; I came out west from the Rock (Newfoundland) over thirty years ago.
2) Keep working on my singing and start performing at summer outdoor festivals on Vancouver Island (see #1 above) when the madness ends.
3) Keep practicing my tenor saxophone with a view to hooking up with like-minded individuals to play at retirement homes here in Alberta if I don't make it to Vancouver Island (see #1 above, lol).
4) Stay healthy, do more light weight lifting and get out walking more.
5) Completely gut the bathroom: install a new tub, tub-surround, toilet, flooring, and sink. Sell house. See #1 above, lol.
6) Don't buy any more guitars.