1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New with nitro?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by graybeard65, Sep 23, 2019.

1. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

catchy title, but will the kids dance to it?

I’m saving for my next telecaster purchase, and can’t seem to find info on which of Fender’s line will have nitrocellulose lacquer.

Would anyone be so kind as to point me towards a reference or link? I’d sure appreciate it!

2. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

If you go to Fender's website, they should tell you in the tech specs if not in the actual description of the item itself. Otherwise, I'd give em a ring and ask their CS's and/or tech department.

graybeard65 likes this.
  3. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Holic

Hopefully AVRIs will be back when we are ready to buy.

graybeard65 likes this.
  4. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

American Original

5. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

I've read that even when new Fenders are claimed to be finished with nitro, there's an undercoat which is poly. Don't know how true that is, but knowing Fender, I wouldn't put it pass them. If you're that adamant about nitro, maybe you should build a partscaster and find someone who can finish for you in nitro?

Telekarster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.