New Wampler Delay?

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
Judging from their hint on social media, it looks like Wampler is dropping a new delay pedal tomorrow. Any wishes for sound or form factor from you all? My guess is it will be delay version of the Terraform. Which is cool, that pedal sounds really good. It's weird cuz I never really associated Wampler with modulation or time base effects, but always loved his take on overdrive. Looks like that is changing.

Screenshot_20220626-172716_Instagram.jpg

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
I'm definitely curious, because I was planning on looking at delays this week. I have a Strymon Volante on my big pedalboard, but I was looking for something to go on my smaller "duo gig" board. Was thinking about the new Boss space echo, but can't seem to find them new and the used ones are going for more money than new.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
I’m looking forward to the podcast where he’ll mention it briefly, then the three of them will make in jokes for 30 minutes. Then they’ll talk about coffee and pizza. And then some other stuff about ufos and 80s music and how much Brian hates pink Floyd. Then they’ll do a really technical description of the delay, telling us about the pots and caps and maybe solder. Then Brian will remind us how much he hates popular culture except video games. Then it’ll end.

Rhyming Orange

TDPRI Member
Sounds fine, if a bit dark…though for guitars I like darker sounding delays in general.

My big issues are the name (people are wary of anything “metaverse” branded in 2022) and that an Echorec isn’t a tape delay at all - it’s a rotating magnetic drum, so why did he label it “tape”?

Last edited:

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
Sounds fine, if a bit dark…though for guitars I like darker sounding delays in general.

My big issues are the name (people are wary of anything “metaverse” branded in 2022) and that an Echorec isn’t a tape delay at all - it’s a rotating magnetic drum, so why did he label it “tape”?
Right?! That was my question after watching his video.