1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New UK member

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by steevc, Aug 10, 2011.

1. steevc

steevc TDPRI Member

I've been dipping into this forum for a while, but only just joined. My good friend davmac is a regular here. We met over on the Six String Bliss forum and have met up IRL a couple of times now.

I've been playing the guitar for a few decades now, but have done very little in the way of bands or performance. Mostly been a bedroom player. Started on classical as a kid, then went electric as a student. Have not owned huge amounts of gear. Currently have a Gordon Smith GS2 electric, a Dean Performer E electro-acoustic and a Roland Cube 80x amp. Not got many effects.

I've been playing a lot more over the last few years, partly inspired by 6SB. I joined a rock covers band a couple of years back and we rehearsed for a while, then split before doing a gig. Then I started doing an acoustic pub session where I got into doing some singing.

I've been experimenting with recording. Got a few tracks on

http://soundcloud.com/steevc

Latest effort was this mass collaboration with davmac and others from 6SB where I did lead vocals

http://soundcloud.com/bookerjwood/comfortably-dumb-hey-you

I record with a Zoom H4, either standalone or plugged into my Linux PC. Still learning how to get the best out of what I have.

If anyone here is in the area I'm up for jamming or other sorts of collaboration. I've not got the time for serious gigging, but the occasional gig could be fun.

I know there is a lack of Tele content above. I do want to get one some time. I'm considering having one made when I have the cash.

2. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome!

3. dutchgoff

dutchgoff Tele-Holic

Welcome!

4. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Hello and Welcome. Hope you are safe from the riots and madness.

5. steevc

steevc TDPRI Member

Thanks for the welcome. I've not been directly affected by the 'madness'. I work in London (Wembley), but live out in the country where nothing much happens, although we have had the odd bit of trouble in the past.

6. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the TDPRI.

We're having a UK get together on the 02 October in London (Acton) so if you fancy repeating your daily journey on a Sunday you'll be made very welcome.

:) Peter

7. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to TDPRI !!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.