New Trial Performance. We enjoyed it!

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by keithb7, Sep 26, 2021.

1. keithb7

keithb7 Poster Extraordinaire

Covid restrictions still has gigs pretty well dried up around here. Outdoor stuff seems ok but still limited gathering.

We decided to hold our next practice the local Farmer’s Market. A street market that is held on Saturdays downtown.

2 acoustic guitars and my mandolin no amplification. No mics. A cajone. No amplification. Bass player has a small solid state amp. A 300W power inverter hooked up to a 12V car battery. We wanted him to warm up our sound. We had a volume controlled very well.

We played for 2 hours. Basically a rehearsal in a different spot. The passers-by loved us. Many compliments and they tipped up well. I came to realize there was many children who had never seen a live band before. They were blown away. Enamoured. Dancing with their parents. The little ones loved putting money in the tip container.

A rewarding gig as I think we influenced many children. Adults appreciated the live music. There’s been so little of it these past 18 months.

We were basically buskers. Street musicians. We had a ton of fun. We all felt great and appreciated. Try it folks if you are set up. I recommend.

Check out the mandolin case on the ground. Lol. We didn’t do it for the money but it was appreciated.

1278B29B-BDB5-4B5B-A46E-7AA5D98CA419.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    nedorama, MisterZ, dougstrum and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.