New toys for me

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by funkysoul, Apr 16, 2021.

1. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Holic

A new arrival just hit the door.I have great expectations from the OD-3.I trade my BD-2 for it... We'll see!

And a tuner.Never felt I needed one but for 10€ I grabbed it

Attached Files:

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Nice dirt. Enjoy.

3. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The OD-3 is one of my favorites, although I don't have one right now. I'm not sure how to compare it to a Blues Driver, but it's different enough I would probably use both and not consider the OD-3 a direct replacement for the BD-2. The OD-3 adds less mids than a TS9/808 or SD-1. It also retains some bottom, but cuts more highs than the BD-2, IMHO. I'm using an EHX Hot Wax dual overdrive right now and I think I could easily replace it with an OD-3 and BD-1. But the Hot Wax works well for me, so I won't ;)

In any case, the OD-3 and BD-2 are both great pedals and more versatile that TS pedals or some older Boss overdrives. Those pedals have places where they excel, but the OD-3 and BD-2 are certainly more versatile, again IMHO.

Tele-friend likes this.
  4. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

I hope you like it. I like mine quite a lot. It was the first OD I really bonded with.

5. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Holic

I just put it on board and used it a bit....nice for my tastes.i don't want it for main overdrive as I use my amp for that.so it boosts my Laney VC 15 with less highs than BD-2 and less mids than SD-1... it's.i see us together for long time

Attached Files:

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  6. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats on the OD-3!! It was the first Boss dirt pedal I actually liked. Haven't been a huge fan of Boss dirt in general, but they have grown on me as I have learned to use and/or mod them.

Enjoy!!

funkysoul likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.