1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New toys for me

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by funkysoul, Apr 16, 2021.

1. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Holic

A new arrival just hit the door.I have great expectations from the OD-3.I trade my BD-2 for it... We'll see!

And a tuner.Never felt I needed one but for 10€ I grabbed it

Attached Files:

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Tele-Afflicted

Nice dirt. Enjoy.

3. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The OD-3 is one of my favorites, although I don't have one right now. I'm not sure how to compare it to a Blues Driver, but it's different enough I would probably use both and not consider the OD-3 a direct replacement for the BD-2. The OD-3 adds less mids than a TS9/808 or SD-1. It also retains some bottom, but cuts more highs than the BD-2, IMHO. I'm using an EHX Hot Wax dual overdrive right now and I think I could easily replace it with an OD-3 and BD-1. But the Hot Wax works well for me, so I won't ;)

In any case, the OD-3 and BD-2 are both great pedals and more versatile that TS pedals or some older Boss overdrives. Those pedals have places where they excel, but the OD-3 and BD-2 are certainly more versatile, again IMHO.

Tele-friend likes this.
  4. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

I hope you like it. I like mine quite a lot. It was the first OD I really bonded with.

5. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Holic

I just put it on board and used it a bit....nice for my tastes.i don't want it for main overdrive as I use my amp for that.so it boosts my Laney VC 15 with less highs than BD-2 and less mids than SD-1... it's.i see us together for long time

Attached Files:

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  6. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats on the OD-3!! It was the first Boss dirt pedal I actually liked. Haven't been a huge fan of Boss dirt in general, but they have grown on me as I have learned to use and/or mod them.

Enjoy!!

funkysoul likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.