New Toy: Blackstar Fly!

Call Me Al

Tele-Meister
I wanted a mini battery amp I could fit in my rolltop desk, move about the house and have another headphone practice option. Lego for scale:
7C24C918-C326-4ECB-B072-F373DD91317F.jpeg

I did try the Katana Mini locally, and really liked it, especially the EQ. But I broke my “buy local” rule for the smaller footprint, top-load headphone and aux, and found this for about 1/2 the price.

First impressions: I like it! It’ll definitely meet my needs. Plenty of volume for home. I’m favoring the clean channel (or the OD channel with low gain) and the “British” side of the ISF. Love the delay. sounds good with the Tele and the HH.
A8C15AEC-9390-4138-B755-0ED979F7C39B.jpeg

The OD seems to get a little harsh when this thing gets cranked, can’t really guess how it would do with any more than just an acoustic guitar for a jam; understandably it has limited headroom, but for the price and specs it exceeds my expectations!

And if I ever need more: I can plug the headphones out -> the aux in of my Rumble bass amp. (Yes it sounds glorious!) ;)
AA5BE64D-0BA9-4E75-915C-71043B3BF27F.jpeg

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
I have one that I have modified with a replacement, more efficient 3 inch Neodymium speaker, a speaker out jack and a pair of Schaller strap locks. Sounds even better than the original.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I bought the stereo pack. I can heartily recommend buying the second speaker. They make for great computer speakers too.
Sure the overdrive isn't that great, but man alive, in stereo, that delay is superb. The batteries last for longer than you'd think possible too.
Welcome to the Fly paper.

WelhavenTW

Tele-Meister
I rarely use it for guitar anymore. I rather use my Blackstar HT-1R, Fender mustang micro plug or Bias FX2. It’s in my master bedroom now, playing CDs.

The bass player in my band, use one when we’re recording demos. A mic in front, into the DAW. Works better than I thought.

72D38689-44E3-49AA-B940-8F1E741B6330.jpeg