New to the forum and Telecasters

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Dallas Willy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Dallas Willy

Dallas Willy NEW MEMBER!

Hey, I am out of a small rural town in Utah and have been lurking on this forum for the past couple years just reading old threads and trying to decide on what kind of Tele to get

I purchased an American professional Tele with a 1 piece rosewood neck and finished with seafoam green. It also has an American style stamped steel bridge with 4 screws above the string holes and two under the pickup, with 3 compensated brass saddles. I nodded it first thing with a 4 way switch and CTS vintage taper pots, orange drop capacitor, and a treble bleed on the volume. I also slapped in a set of quarter pounders because I wanted a beefier sound for hard rock. I wish I would have done push/pulls with the tapped set of QP's but I didnt realize they made them till after I put these In. But the guitar rocks and the bridge is awesome, and the neck is ok, i might pull the cover off to open it up a bit but dont know if I will like the look. But that's tele #1

Tele #2 is an ash body I built myself, it is a traditional 69 style thinline. I didnt have any templates except using the shape of my American pro and the dimensions from online drawings. That being said, I am glad it has a nice pickguard (I built that too) because the routs leave something to be desired, i used a vintage telecaster bridge with steel grooved saddles that look like the ones on the pics I have seen of the thinlines. The paint is an automotive blue that is somewhere between sonic blue and daphne blue, I was going for daphne blue but it didnt quite make it. I also did binding on the body. I used a fender Mexican neck 1 piece maple neck with a vintage C shape and tall narrow frets finished I. Satin and it feels great. I used the Fender Custom Shop V-Mod pickups that I pulled out of the American professional be ause I thought they would mesh great with the ash thinline. The electronics for it are the same as the other one just minus the treble bleed. The thing plays great and you can feel the vibrations through the whole guitar and neck more than any guitar I have (my explorer is the closest to that feeling).

Tele #3 is just starting to be built it is a alder thinline with a flamed maple top. I didnt build this body, but the guy that did it was awesome, (in-trance guitars) I will post a build thread with pics of that one in it and I will post pics of the other 2 on this thread tomorrow sometime

But I am looking forward to sharing my builds and gleaning as much tele knowledge as I can

2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So here I am trying to decide between Daphne and Sonic Blue for a 69 style thinline build and I've got to wait for your pics???

Big welcome anyway and they sound like 3 very tasty Teles.

3. Steve 78

Steve 78 Tele-Afflicted

You had me at seafoam green :lol: welcome aboard! Pics are always welcome.

4. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Croeso! Enjoy your stay... and load up those pictures ASAP!

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy!

6. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

Welcome

7. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Those sound wonderful!

I'm curious - what do you not like about the American Professional neck? It's one of my favorites, but I get that neck shape is very personal.

Welcome to being a poster!

8. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the forum !!

9. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome to the fold! Pics?

SB

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.