New (to me) Pistol Day

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleamp, Oct 30, 2012.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

P-32? Really?

The P3-AT is just as small and costs only a couple of dollars more, but carries a much more useful .380 load.

Not that I'd want to stand in front of either of them, mind you!

This is mine:

IMG_0315.jpg

It snaps like a turtle, but you can hide it in a front pocket and it's never not gone "Bang!" when I pull the trigger. (Although, that is after doing all the "fluff and buff" that's recommended on the KTOG Kel-Tec forum!)

2. soulgeezer

People who are really sorry go back and delete the contents of the offending post. Just sayin'.

titan uranus and blowtorch like this.
  3. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

Just what I did a few minutes ago...

titan uranus and blowtorch like this.
  4. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I've got a few guns. I've never thought of them as weapons.

5. soulgeezer

Thank you! We don't want to see another fun thread get deep sixed for no good reason. This one's been fun -- I hope we can keep it going!

blowtorch likes this.
  6. soulgeezer

Guns can be weapons, just as Telecasters can be weapons. It all depends on context.

But, I agree: My guns are not weapons and I hope they never have to be used as such!

Frodebro and blowtorch like this.
  7. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

Ok really sorry about that. No offense. Enjoy your thread!

blowtorch and soulgeezer like this.
  8. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Who in the world would...

Oh wait, never mind.

9. soulgeezer

Quick off-topic question...

If you're the "good Texan," does that imply that all the other Texans are bad Texans?... ;) :D :D :D

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  10. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

As a Frenchman I'm not into guns but I do appreciate nice historic ones!

Believer, blowtorch and soulgeezer like this.
  11. soulgeezer

I collect 20th century military firearms. I wish I could afford some of the French ones, but they are very expensive around here! So, I end up collecting mostly Russian and Eastern European guns. They're cheap, there are lots of them, and it's really fun to learn about them and their history!

12. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

I know they are, not that much around here though. People in France get confused between the terms weapons, arms and guns. Historic guns are just part of History.
    In the end it is just a question of wisdom. But having none or fewer in France is a blessing. IMHO.

13. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

For pocket carry I've got an S&W Shield in .40 caliber. Talk about snappy! Every time I shoot it I wonder why I didn't go with the 9mm.

14. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't carry (hell, I rarely leave the house when I'm not working), but I try to get to the range at least every other week. Currently I have a Springfield XD Mod.2 in .40 S&W, but I've been jonesing hard for a Sig P226 Stainless Elite in 9mm (40 gets expensive when you run 400 rounds each trip to the range-did I mention I was hooked on shooting?)

IMG_2207.jpg

Obsessed and william tele like this.
  15. Slim

Slim Tele-Holic

Question: are these little semis double action? As in, you can safely keep one in the chamber without the danger of the internal hammer dropping?

16. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Most of the smaller .380s (Ruger LCP, Smith/Wesson BG 380, Kel-Tec P3-AT) are double-action only (DAO).

Slim likes this.
  17. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Some are DA, some are not. Essentially all will have some sort of internal safety so that the firing pin/striker cannot hit a primer unless your finger is 1) on the bang switch (trigger), and 2) actively engaging said switch. In other words, the gun will not go off for trivial reasons with a round in the chamber. I consider that safe enough to carry with one in the chamber.

Ironically, I believe the OP’s gun (which is a 1911 clone and is single action) does not have a firing pin block. I think that Wilson still builds on what are known as series 70 platforms. The series 80 has a firing pin block. Many Kimber pistols are built with a different type of firing pin block. The series 70 relied on the fact that the inertia of the firing pin kept it safe (as well as an external thumb safety and a grip safety, both of which block the trigger and not the firing pin). I never worried about that in practice, and I personally know of zero 1911s firing on their own with the safeties engaged (or really, without...). 1911 triggers are the best! Although, for a carry piece, I like other guns better.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  18. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

When my uncle was cleaning out my grandfather's house to prep if for selling (my grandfather had moved into an assisted living facility), he found a WWII Japanese rifle. Being as my grandfather was in the Marines in the Pacific theater during the war, I'm sure that there was a story attached to that rifle. Sadly, my grandfather passed before anybody thought to ask him about it.

19. Slim

Slim Tele-Holic

Yeah, I guess especially with that behind-the-handle switch and the little micro switch on the trigger, it's safer. I think for peace of mind, I'd prefer DA.

I have an older Beretta 84b that's just not practical because of the hammer and I wouldn't want to fidget with a flip safety.

20. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

sounds like my kinda store.....id shop there.

blowtorch likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.