new to me CV

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scotheath, Mar 21, 2017.

1. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

picked up from a guy on kijij, great shape but having a problem setting up, cleaned up changed stings set up action and for the life of me cant get it to stop buzzing and now have discovered the truss rod my be buggered. loosens off and tightens up to were it wont tighten anymore but seems to have zero effect on the neck as in the relief doesn't change, tight or loosened off, I have a cheap LP copy that I know has a none working truss rod but it spins freely both directions which tells me its broke inside or not attached to anything at the heal, almost seems like its maxed out or something, ugh !

2. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

Someone suggested I try and put a couple washers under the nut to get a little more adjustment, not sure how these guitars truss Rods are set up. If I totally back adjusting nut out where does it back out at the heal or at the headstock. Doesn't really look like a nut at the headstock. Is it bullet shaped maybe ?

3. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

I have no suggestions but you're not alone. That was\is a common problem especially with the older ones.
    I read that a lot from members here in the beginning. Not so much now.
    Just might need a new neck

4. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

Thank you for the input, next question I have is that I'm trying to remove the truss rod nut at the headstock, I can get it so can turn freely but can get it out it tightens right up, The CV 50 tele doesn't come w/ a dual action truss rod does it ?
    Is it possible that the truss rod is jammed and that is why with it completely backed off strung up action changes little to none ?

5. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

If you bought it believing, that it was in good condition, with no mention from the seller about the neck problem, I would ask for my money back, or some other form of compensation. That just ain't right..

6. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

yeah I text him asking if he knew the truss rod didn't work properly when he sold it to me, surprisingly I haven't gotten a response.
    Headed into city next week drop off at a shop I'm familiar with, paid 250 for guitar, if it cost me a 100 bucks or so I figure I'm still ahead

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.