1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

new ( to me...) amp day !!!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by es125tcd, Mar 18, 2012.

1. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

had to go to medina for a part for the better halfs' Sorrento, talked her into stopping at Guitar Center in Fairlawn . Played an early 60's Epiphone Zephyr 1 15" amp - Awesome !!! speaker has an aluminum dust cone, and appears to be the same vintage as the amp, not sure if it is original to the amp. 2 6v6's, reverb , and the most swampy tremolo that I've ever heard ( think intro to born on the bayou , CCR) $ 399. 00 -( Someone had just traded it in on a new LES Paul ...) Amp has had some fairly recent work done on it, brand new 3 prong plug, appears to be about 15 watts of pure tube tone !!! put 50 bucks down on her, taking a mex. strat that I haven't bonded with up next week to do some horse tradin with !!! - played an American deluxe tele through her ( just using the bridge pup, to simulate my home brewed esquire !!!) can't wait to get her home !!! anyone else ever play through a 60's epi. zephyr ???

2. StephaninMelb

StephaninMelb Banned

Ephiphone Zephyr Amps

Pictures below - Top to Bottom: (1) Epiphone 1959-61 Zephyr Model: EA15RV, (2) Epiphone 1962-64 Zephyr Model: EA15RVT (Tremolo), (3) Epiphone 1949 Zephyr

Attached Files:

3. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

thanks, Stephan- I had been looking to find another vintage gibson combo tube amp since I foolishly traded in a 1959 tweed gibson les paul ga 40 amp , in 1974 , on a B series Univox tube amp stack ( still have the univox ...) I think I got $ 150.00 trade in for the ga 40 !!! I thought this amp sounded QUITE SIMILAR to the GA 40 , except for the 15" , which seems to open it up a bit !!! Would you happen to know what speaker would have original to this amp , from the factory ??? My hunch would be a jensen, as that was what My GA 40 had in her ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.