New to group... NGD... first Tele

guitarlurker

TDPRI Member
I own a Gibson, and a Martin... and owned a handful of others which I've recently sold. I've wanted a Tele for a while, but I had my sights set on a vintage ('59 Slab) and decided it was too rich for me. My good friend owns Emerald City Guitars (I buy and sell through Jay) and he just got this (practically) new CS Tele (a Chicago Music Exchange model) and I picked it up for a steep discount to MSRP. I have to admit, it's more than good enough for a player like me. Feeling pretty lucky!!!!

I am fairly certain that many in this group may have "umbrage" to the SD Antiquity Humbucker in the neck, but the deal was great and I like the versatility that it will give me, as I have little room for more guitars and this one will be played.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

gl

Attachments

• IMG-1461.jpg
    IMG-1461.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-1462.jpg
    IMG-1462.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-1463.jpg
    IMG-1463.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-1464.jpg
    IMG-1464.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-1465.jpg
    IMG-1465.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG-1466.jpg
    IMG-1466.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Happy new guitar day - cool pics
Welcome aboard
And give Jay my warm regards.
Peace - Deeve

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I own a Gibson, and a Martin... and owned a handful of others which I've recently sold. I've wanted a Tele for a while, but I had my sights set on a vintage ('59 Slab) and decided it was too rich for me. My good friend owns Emerald City Guitars (I buy and sell through Jay) and he just got this (practically) new CS Tele (a Chicago Music Exchange model) and I picked it up for a steep discount to MSRP. I have to admit, it's more than good enough for a player like me. Feeling pretty lucky!!!!

I am fairly certain that many in this group may have "umbrage" to the SD Antique Humbucker in the neck, but the deal was great and I like the versatility that it will give me, as I have little room for more guitars and this one will be played.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

gl
I highly suspect the next tele I build will have a Humbucker or two in it. Nice guitar, and welcome.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
No issues here my friend. I think you've acquired a beautiful Telecaster. Really nice! Up until seven or eight years ago when he passed away I had a friend at a music store that used to cut me the best deals he could and I still own one amp and a couple guitars from that arrangement. I've got no problems with a player taking an inside track. Congratulations!