New Thin Skin '52 AVRIs at Wildwood

Zapptron

TDPRI Member

9.5 radius, roasted maple neck, Twisted Tele pickups, these look very sweet. Too bad I just got a 50s AO a while back or I'd be thinking very seriously about one of these...

50hz

Tele-Meister
Really love this feature set. If I was in the market I'd def. consider this over the new AVII that's for sure.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The other 3 are better matched than that one - but I imagine given the current stash of ash Fender has to work with there will be some that turn out like the one in the OP.

I wonder how many more Thin Skins Wildwood and/or Daves have in the pipeline - Wildwood has been saying that Fender won't be doing any more runs for them for the foreseeable future. I suspect these were ordered months ago and are just now being shipped.

SonicBlueByYou

TDPRI Member
I have a 2012 AV52, and was thinking I would grab a Thin Skin when they became available and sell it. After seeing the listings that plan died without hesitation.

Rosewoodtele

TDPRI Member
Not that particular one, but the others look great. Really like the specs.

Literally just ordered an AVII ‘63 tele though and it’s on the way. Will need a 50s style someday but my rosewood top tele is ash and my American pro is ash as well.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Well somebody must have liked that one; it's no longer on Wildwood's site.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Probably the weight and the features more than the looks of that particular one.

Yep; that's what I was thinking as well - some one liked the weight and the neck depth. I don't remember what they were but one of the things I like about Wildwood is they put the weight, 1st fret depth and 12th fret depth up for all the instruments on their website.