1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New telecaster!!!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by MilspecII, May 7, 2019.

1. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

Could be a nice idea, thanks!... I'm in no hurry... I'll see what comes in my direction...

2. Prince1999

Prince1999 Tele-Meister

I think if you contact Fender USA Customer support at 1 800 856-9801 during their reg business hours and give them your serial number and email address, they can email you the full specs on your guitar, it will probably have the pickup model included in the email. Print it out for future reference, on the parts in your build.

Dougie likes this.
  3. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

Is it me, am I missing part of the conversation here? or is this a reply to another thread?

4. Prince1999

Prince1999 Tele-Meister

Ooops, notice you are in Be, tell you what, if you want, send me your serial # off of your guitar, and I'll call Fender, and get the specs on what it is made out of for you

Dougie likes this.
  5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

That's very nice of you, but I really have no need to know what pickups I have. Perhaps (and that is very possible, since Dutch is my native language, not English) I should explain what I meant with my comments.

I don't really like the pickups in the Bullet, and I'll probably replace them. I usually buy second hand (the Bullet was one of those rare occasions - the third guitar among 45 - that I bought new). So I'm always just looking around on second hand sites to get a bargain, guitar, pickups, whatever.

In the meantime I have collected quite a few, mostly Squiers. Most of them can be seen here:

http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/telecaster-promise-1.136228/
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/telecaster-promise-2.136561/
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/telecaster-promise-3.136858/
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/telecaster-promise-4.137401/
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/telecaster-promise-5.149345/

I still have a set of American Standard pickups (from around 2002) laying around, as well as some Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. But both will probably end up in slightly higher end guitars. I usually pick and choose depending on the sound I'm trying to create at the time. So with "I'll see what comes my way", I just meant that I would just wait and see what bargains I could find, and then decide which ones to put in the Bullet. I like it when all guitars have different tonal character.

If you visited the pages above, you'll know that I do have more than enough telecasters to choose from.

So I DO appreciate your help, but it's really not needed.

6. fortj3

fortj3 Tele-Meister

"What? This old thing? Nah, I've had that for a LONG time. You just never noticed because I don't drag it out often. I should play it more often instead of letting it languish in the closet/attic/basement/car trunk."
    This

Mine's never happy with me. It makes it easier and less noticeable when she's peeved at me. Honestly, I have no idea why she ever married me. She knew what I was like.
    Did she think I was going to change?

Deathray likes this.
  7. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Very nice colour.

You know what I really hate about Squiers though? The price!

Here in Japan they're way too expensive.

I just checked. In regular type guitar stores in the States, a CV 50s Tele is typically listed as like a penny less than US$400.

Here? In similar types of stores (& Amazon Japan), around the equivalent of US$629.

I suspect they are trying to drive sales here towards Fender Japan. Worked in my case.

Pax/
    Dean

8. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi again.

I should have explored further. Affinity types are actually about the same. US$4 cheaper here in fact. But that just lends more support to my theory I feel. Overpricing models closer to MIJ ones keeps the later safe I suspect.

Annoying though, as I'd quite like a CV 50s Tele.

None of this really relates to your nice new guitar though. Sorry for rambling. Just filling in time while hanging in the doctors' waiting room.

Pax/
    Dean

9. Dougie

Dougie TDPRI Member

Congratulations on your new guitar play it with passion

10. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Afflicted

What Tele? I don't see anything....

11. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You guys gotta just run headstrong into it and own it. “You gotta check out this guitar / car!!!! If she’s going to be mad, she’s going to be mad.

You could get a wife that won’t get upset because you buy the things you like....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted

Welcome, fellow mid-American!

Surf green is an awesome color for a Tele! I recently just bought my first Squier, a J Mascis Jazzmaster. And I totally agree, the quality of these Asian built guitars is top notch.
    Congrats, and good luck with the wife. My motto is “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.”

MilspecII likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.