New Telebridge: T-Tune

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by stefanhotrod, Sep 9, 2019.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Intriguing!

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  2. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister

I've done a bit of heat-treating in my time - which is what he's describing.

I'm interested to find out how well it works.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

The old design has worked for 70 years... But I'm always open to new ideas ...

4. POS Guitars

POS Guitars Tele-Meister

Each to their own. Sounds expensive.

5. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

"B.S." bedeutet: "Quatsch!"

stefanhotrod likes this.
  6. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

I love all 'new' pieces of gear and/or hardware that are offered to the extended community. I see each piece (Guitar) as its own thing and address each of mine differently when it comes to things like these bridge and saddles. I'll experiment until my ear is satisfied.

I'll most certainly try these (mostly on a guitar that I don't feel 100% with - or a new Partscaster I'm putting together) just to see what works. I've got custom gear on random guitars that are Killer (guitar, that is) and I've got random gear on various guitars that are fantastic in every way that I need them to be. I think it's hit or miss, but I'm really very happy we have the opportunity of Choice.

Happy to see it, even as it may not work for me. Thanks for the post.

7. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

I just bought a T-Tune bridge for MIA Stardard 2010's.

8. stefanhotrod

stefanhotrod Tele-Meister

What's your impression?

9. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's

Interesting... the t-tune definitely rings out more in the tap test, but once it’s screwed down on the guitar, would you notice a difference, and if so, would it be better.... or worse?

nojazzhere and hemingway like this.
  10. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I am most definitely skeptical of this and all "improved bridge" claims. The bridge is solidly screwed onto the body, the more it "rings" and vibrates the LESS sustain and volume you're going to get from the strings. The "aged metal" thing, - I just can't even begin.

nojazzhere likes this.
  11. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I would be interested to see a comparison on this. I know my Callaham bridge made a big difference in an otherwise dead-sounding guitar. Certainly markedly better than the Wilkinson that was on there. To the point that I've basically sworn off Wilkinson.

While it's true that the T-Tune bridge is screwed down to the body, it's only on one end, leaving it free to at least partially vibrate. The premise behind T-Tune may have some merit...or it may be marketing fluff. But they certainly have as much of an argument as Glendale, Callaham and the rest.

I'm not crazy about their saddle design though.

I posted a thread about these awhile back and like the OP, got a bunch of scoffers and revilers writing it off as ridiculous. At lease this thread has a few more open-minded people.

I'm interested in trying the Fender Pat. Pending bridge at some point. Never had one, but I've heard they are cold-rolled steel. Weirdly, if that's the case, it's not widely advertised by retailers who carry them.

My hang-ups with the original Fender bridges are the rounded bottoms that don't sit flat and the uneven top edges (for the benefit of the "ashtray" that virtually no one uses) that cut into my hands.

12. stefanhotrod

What about vibrating necks?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  13. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

So, the T version resonates more than a ‘played in’ version, hanging in mid air on some string. Not sure how relevant that is when the thing is bolted tight to a piece of wood and then held down with some metal on top strapped down with stretched metal strings?

oceanblue and nojazzhere like this.
  14. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

I keep waiting for someone to knock on a row of truss rods, cryogenically treated truss rod metal, and so on. They are 18 inches of steel in the direct line of resisting the strings.

All tests I've done on "Sustain!" point to how much stretchy string length exists beyond the nut and saddles. Compare a headless steinberger to a plinky mandolin.

15. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

Before t
    he invention of sliced bread, Wonderloaf in the UK, what was the best thing?

16. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

17. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Mass and stiffness make a difference with a bridge plate. So it will probably sound a little different, just like changing saddles will make the guitar sound different. Better or not is personal preference.

18. stefanhotrod

One of germanys best reputated luthiers checks the wood for his guitars for the tone they achieve after tapping. Thats his basis for the choose of hardware, pickups...

https://www.tonfuchs-guitars.com/

19. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I think people scoff because it's such obvious malarkey. I'm pretty open minded until you try to convince me the earth is flat, the moon landing was faked, we're living in The Matrix, 9/11 was orchestrated by Cheney, global warming is a Chinese conspiracy, or that a more-musically ringing tele bridge plate makes a guitar sound better. It would be pretty easy for him to do an A/B sound clip and post it. I would listen to relevant evidence.

20. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The 'Internally Aged' thing is either crap or marketing, depending on your opinion. Metallurgists have a name for what he's doing -- normalization (a type of annealing used for ferrous metals). But the guy clearly is no metallurgist.

If he were, he'd have some metallographic evidence for the change in structure.

While normalization could have effect on mild steel (though I can't think of any time it's usually done), I doubt that cryogenic treatment (for example) would have any effect as there's not enough carbon in the material to convert.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.